Bed rail step project

Finally had enough of a break from work to build a step I have been thinking about. My goal was to have it be as low profile as possible so it wouldn’t interfere with side access or stick out into the bed space. Works great!

12 Likes

Well, that’s pretty damn simple. There was a previous thread with a bed step. That one was awesome too, but it did stick out a bit. Nice job on this. I love the way it fits perfectly into the GFC frame.

Peace.

1 Like

Thats awesome! Interested in selling any? Sign me up if so.

3 Likes

I’m actually going to make up a few more for a friend. Be happy to make some extras. Shoot me a direct message if you are interested.

1 Like

When parked I think it would stay in place resting there and be totally useable. Everything gets so shaken in the bed on washboard roads and wheeling that I like it bolted down and always there if I need it.

1 Like

Due to a bunch of interest in these steps I put it up as a product on my personal website. I am just making some of these as a fun personal project and am not a business. Use at your own risk of course. :metal:

$35 (edited to reflect new price) shipped in a flat rate usps envelope. This price just covers materials and shipping so I may raise it if needed.

Thanks for the interest everyone!
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/StepUp/p/276338145/category=0

5 Likes

Well played man, real nice to see a accessory that doesn’t cost $300+

Cheers

3 Likes

That’s for sure!!!

2 Likes

Just ordered two! Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for the great response everyone. Unfortunately, as I am realizing how many of these I need to make, the “making a few extras for friends” isn’t valid anymore. I am going to jump up the price to $35 so that I can justify making them for everyone who wants one. I have a 1 year old so free time isn’t something I have a ton of! That will pay for a little of my time, and hopefully is still cheap enough to be a good deal for everyone. Thanks again for the support!

5 Likes

Lol that’s why I bought two! I figured the price increase would happen soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

First batch of steps prepped and ready for welding tonight. You guys made me busy! :+1:

7 Likes

Just ordered one! Really cool to see something so ingenious, great work.

1 Like

And, cool to see these on raw material form. Excited to get mine. Got 2 surf trips and a fishing trip planned in bunk mode. The step will hopefully make my transition super easy. Using my cooler as a step currently.

Peace.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Appreciate the kind words. Hoping to mail them out to everyone who ordered as of today by Tuesday at the latest.

4 Likes

I just ordered two. If I don’t put something out for my wife to step on she will put her foot near where this step is to get down so this should work well. Thanks.

1 Like

I think it is obvious, but wanted to point out the step won’t work on the mounting point where the latch is. On my XL this is the rear mounts. Just wanted to mention it.

2 Likes

Steps are shipping to everyone who placed an order as of yesterday! I’ll email out tracking info later today. Thanks again everyone, and post up some pics once you get them installed. I’d love to see them out in the wild. I included a new locknut in case you’d rather not reuse the factory one.

I still have a few left from this batch I can get in the mail ASAP if anyone else in interested.
https://joshedgardesign.com/products.html#!/StepUp/p/276338145/category=0

7 Likes

Cool, if I’m reading that post correctly, I’ll be getting mine in a couple days.

I think it is really neat how you put this together. What a cool little side gig.

3 Likes

This is what I like to call “Getting SHIT Done”.
Prototype 5days ago
Platform to order 4days ago
Produced & Shipped 2 days later
Product tracking shows ETA of Friday

Boom.

3 Likes