Alu-cab Shadow Awning

Anybody get the Alu cab mounted? I got a price I like but want to make sure it mounts!

Sorry for the delay. I had planned to have this on my RTT sooner but then I bought a new rig and had to move everything over to it first! Just got the Shadow Awn mounted and it looks great in my opinion. Actually fits quite well too. Top of awning sits just below the top of the Beef rack x-bars, so they remain the highest point of my vehicle.

I did have to drill out a hole in each bracket as the bolt spacing on the bracket didn’t match the spacing on the awning. Super easy fix.

Feels really solid but may add a 3rd bracket in the middle for some additional support. IDK, we’ll see.

I also used GFC’s Machined 90° Bracket and a Front Runner Stratchit to secure the arm to the side of the RTT when fully deployed. Seems to work perfectly.

7 Likes

I am wanting a Shadow for my GFC- awesome new 200 as well. Thank you for sharing for us that want another option besides Kinsman- they look awesome but the side walls are great for alu cab

what is the price? waiting for my DM back on the thread on tacomaworld. passenger 270 awn

I ended up installing a Thule Hideout Awning and love it: easy deployment and packs up in seconds. As a bonus, the dark grey powder coat it comes in matches the GFC extrusion very well.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Did the rear corner bracket come with the awning or did you make it yourself?

No. Custom fab but worth it IMO

Lots of torque by the hinge point

Do you have any photos of the wholes you had to drill into the brackets?

Did you have to drill additional holes into the GFC awning brackets?
Also, is there any sort of information you could share on the corner bracket? Was hoping to have one made for me somewhere.

Nice job on the custom bracket. Looks like it was part of the awning.

I mounted the shadow awning to my go fast camper.
I have two awning mounts on at the moment and I am having someone fabricate a rear bracket similar to the kinsman awning bracket.
The rear bracket seems very crucial. When the awning is fully deployed there is a lot of stress on the hinge area connected to the camper.

I just got my GFC brackets and put a down payment on my Shadow Awn. I would love to see that custom bracket…

1 Like

Hey Guys ( @Trouttaco and @jackinmt) - would you mind supplying some pix with dimensions? I think I’ll have someone make me a bracket like what you guys are doing. I should pick up my Shadow Awn later this week.

A friend of mine is just “free styling” the design. I can lost pics when he’s finished.

@Trouttaco

Thanks man.

no additional holes drilled in GFC brackets

I do not think handing someone dimensions would work. Fabricator will need hands on fitment in my opinion.

I agree but would like some rough dimensions if possible.