Alu-cab Shadow Awning

I sent you a message - thanks again ColoradoNick

Hey friends I’m trying to upload the specs for the bracket but it won’t take PDF, I’ll break it up to Jpegs and post it tonight

3 Likes

Really nice work! Did you fab that yourself?

Hi. I’m in CO and have a v2 on order - take delivery in July and wanting to go with the Shadow 270 as well. Following so I can get my hands on your designs! Thanks!

I’m in Nepal right now but when I get back (may 20th) I’ll try to respond to everyone looking for the technical drawings so they can get on fabricated. :metal:
Sorry for the delay to everyone who’s already hit me up.

3 Likes

Nepal? I am so darn jealous. Climbing?

Would love the technical drawing as well when you get back, thanks!

Getting close on a similar bracket.

1 Like

This thread seems kind of dead but I just picked up a drivers side Alucab 270 and wanted to see if anyone had any updates on corner brackets. Last I saw @cvollers has a few in production but it sounds like nothing is readily available. Anyone got a homemade solution they’re looking to part ways with? I’ve got a trip coming up soon and wanted to rock the new awning. @ColoradoNick have you got drawings available?

Sure do.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i3HMGOVks2sFr-Wruj7BDSH8SF0J4_ce

I’d bump up the thickness by one gauge though. The gauge I have listed is doing just fine but over engineering by a bit gives you a little more peace of mind.

2 Likes

Rad thanks! ----------

We are on our second production run. If you want in on our third, let me know. Get in touch - 4WD-Mod.com.

1 Like

Ended up making my own since I want to use the awning this upcoming week. Used the design from @ColoradoNick and some inspiration from others to put these together. Everything is 3/16" flat bar and I sprayed on some Raptor Liner since I have that elsewhere in the truck. Total weight of the corner bracket is around 5lbs, the other bracket is maybe 2lbs. Both use Tnuts from @GZilaDesigns who saved my ass by expediting shipping after I drove off with all my hardware loose in the tracks.
Probably took a total of 20-30 hours from design to finished product. Will post a pic once the awning is installed.

2 Likes

Looks awesome @Rengle Nice work making what you needed!

1 Like

Hey man, nice design :call_me_hand:t2:

I have my awanijg in my garage and ready to install - approx how long from me putting in an order till it is shipped?

I’m taking orders for our next production run. Right now we are running about 8 weeks from paid invoice to ship date. Send me a note from our site: Get in touch - 4WD-Mod.com

cvollers - you should disclose to members your bracket requires additional cutting to make it fit.

Reference my thread if you want more details: Link

2 Likes

Hello, replying to an old post but I’m considering how to mount a Shadow to crossbars like you had in this photo on your truck, while also making sure the rear arm of the awning doesn’t run into the rear of my Superlite RTT that would also be mounted to the crossbars. It looks like you had some sort of beam spanning across your front and rear crossbars to mount the awning to, allowing you to shift it further to the rear than if you only mounted to the crossbars with brackets. Is that correct, and if so where did you get that beam?

Are you still making these? The link has expired. Would love to get any attachments needed for the alu cab 270 and my GFC cap tent. Thank you!

I’m in a bit of a pickle.

I have an active conversation with someone who can get me a corner bracket for the Bush Company 270 awning. But that awning is back-ordered.

OK4wd has Alu-Cab Shadow Awnings in-stock. But I’m having trouble getting confirmation that any of these brackets are going to be available.

Are these brackets (I’m in need of a passenger-side) available now? …soon?