Anybody have a low key spot in Santa Cruz CA they’d give up to a fellow GFC’er?

Heading to see a show with a friend in Santa Cruz in two weeks, and was hoping to just drive from Utah and make it a trip! Was hoping for a recommendation or two of a spot to pop the top in the area. Anywhere between there and SF works as well. I’m not opposed to an RV park, dispersed, anything that I could get a reservation at, but I know those can be super booked out. Even a fellow GFC owner with a driveway to pop it in for a night would be sweet. It’s last minute, but I’d love to make it work. Any tips appreciated!

I’m not in the area but I’ve used iOverlander to find spots on trips and it hasn’t let me down yet.

3 Likes

Looks like there is some BLM land northwest of town along the coast. I’m also not local but you could scope iOverlander and then get boots on ground and find a spot up there?

1 Like

Sweet. I’ll check that out. I’m looking on Hipcamp now as well.

Scoping that out now on iOverlander! Thanks!!

If you’re willing to take a beautiful drive into the coastal mountains north a wee bit, Memorial County Park is a neat spot with big trees! Reservable sites, my favorite is in Azaela.

9500 Pescadero Creek Rd, Loma Mar, CA 94021

Www.freecampsites.net is a little less trafficked thanioverlander from my experience