Anyone added side windows/vents?

Yea those are the same ones I used. They seem very well built and pretty burly. I’m sure they will hold up. I haven’t had a ton of rain with them in yet but I did hit them with the garden hose hard for a few minutes an no water came in. I used rubber washers on the face of the bolt holes and ran a bead silicon between the panel and the seal on the outside. Seems to be working. As far as cutting I used a dremel with a cut wheel as I had more control. Took longer than I thought but I was able to make a better cut. You’ll need a few wheels maybe 3-4 to get both sides done. One thing I found was the stencil for the size of the piece to be removed is bigger vertically than you actually need, so on my 2nd one I took about a 1/2 inch off the height of the hole which gave my bolt holes more room from the edge of the opening. They are pretty close if you go with the full stencil size supplied.

5 Likes

Please let us know how they do open in the rain while driving.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @CEM !
Cheers

1 Like

Solid work @CEM ! Do you happen to have any side profiles of the entire truck, and maybe one from the back showing how much the vent protrudes inside the camper? Lack of ventilation for my dogs is what’s been keeping me from pulling the trigger on the gfc, but this may do the trick for me.

1 Like

Here are some photos of the side profile. They stick in a few inches, maybe 2-1/2-3 max. I haven’t had an issue with things getting hung up on them at all and I’m always throwing stuff into my truck bed. I mounted them high too so that helps keep them out of the way. I don’t even notice they are there honestly. They Work super well for my pup, that’s why I put them in. She spends the night downstairs and when I go surf she hangs out back there. Keeps it very cool an makes a great breeze when both are open.

5 Likes

Great idea - I bought 2 to feed my Buddy Heater.

Awesome, thanks for the pics!

@CEM how the vents holding up? Any issues with water intrusion? I’ve been debating what to do for a while now and had been eyeing these vents.

No issues at all. Had a few heavy rain storms, no water came in. I also hit them with a hose hard for a few minutes when I installed them an nothing got in so I wasn’t too worried about rain. Same with dust. I’ll open them up after the truck is covered an you can see the seal is covered on the outside but none on the inner part. I love em.

1 Like

Thanks, just ordered a pair. Really appreciate the info.

1 Like

Where did you get them? They’re OOS on Amazon.

Here’s another link

Black Aluminum Low Profile Popup Roof Vent Horse Trailer Air Flow & Gasket Bi-directional https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765T2PHS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_F9TNXW8R2YXBY5Z8JDFW

https://dogboxparts.com/product-category/air-vents/

I got mine here. Not bad for 2

I also got mine from the dogboxparts.com link that CEM shared. Now I just need to get em installed.

1 Like

Has anyone ever done a fan blowing in through the cubby compartment in the bedside?

1 Like

Has anyone tried to use on of these windows in the GFC?

3 Likes

Those are exactly what a guy needs. Now if they would offer a front slider or drop down I wouldn’t be comparing toppers still and would put my order in tomorrow for one

1 Like

Order it blank and put one in once you get it?

Any success here? I am looking at doing this too.

Did you try this? I would like to if it worked for you