Anyone black out their aluminum bits?

incredibly unimportant non-functional aesthetic thing, yes. just curious. been slowly blacking out my rig over the past year just for fun.

i imagine if they were anodized black they’d show scratches like crazy? plasti dip seems like it’d be tedious on those corner parts as installed and i i don’t think i’d want to pull them apart just for that.

1 Like

I’ve got the RTT, so that includes additional mounting brackets to the vehicle - I had them powder coated black. One day I’d like to remove the gas struts to have their brackets powder coated too. I’ve love to do the corner pieces as well, but I imagine their disassembly is not practical/possible.

1 Like

I’m with you on blacking on your rig. I went the plasti dip route on smaller parts before and it doesn’t hold up at all in my opinion. Any real world use where gear is rubbed against the part leads to the plastidip falling off pretty quickly. I have been thinking about blacking out the new beef racks though. Maybe I’ll make it a weekend project in the winter. I’m always looking for good ideas, but think powdercoating might be the only reliable option.

1 Like

Good call, I’m also planning on powder coating my beef rack. I powder coated the dog bones on the awning brackets too.

1 Like