Anyone else disappointed?

Just got my camper a week ago and then the v2 camper announcement came out. I’m excited and happy for GFC, but the thought that I will have to pay $xxxx to get the “updated version” is really disappointing. When I just paid full price. It’s luck of the draw on the update but I wish GFC would have chosen to do something for folks so close to the announcement.

End rant! Haha

2 Likes

In the same boat. Just picked mine up a week ago. Now feels like my camper is outdated. Still supper happy with it. Hoping that this “V1 upgrade package” is worth it as well as it arriving sooner rather then later.

1 Like

Yeah, of course it was going to happen, I was expecting more sequential change, not just a full stop new product!

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I still have this nagging concern in the back of my mind that the hinge is going to explode every time I open a panel–so at least you don’t have that to worry about! :wink:

4 Likes

It just blows my mind being a month apart I wasn’t given the option to wait. This whole thing puts a terrible taste in my mouth and makes me think the current product I have must have some pretty major issues if they did a full redesign.

2 Likes

you could have had a early February start then have it pushed back to late May. just be happy you have it

6 Likes

Then sell it and get a new one. Really not that big of a deal. If you’ve been on these forums for at least the last couple of months, there’s been word of a new one coming out soon anyway.

4 Likes

Just my 2 cents, but I’d rather have a late model v1 than an early model v2. The kinks have been worked out of my camper and I’m happy with that. There are certainly improvements on the v2 that are sweet, but that’s life. I’m super happy to have my camper and unbelievably excited for the trips we have planned. If I ever wanted to sell it to upgrade to a V2 I have no doubt that I’d be able to find a buyer.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

11 Likes

This is the mindset. Being happy with what you have and not complaining about getting something brand new, and still wanting the next thing.

5 Likes

Thanks for talking me off the ledge! Fair and great points.

3 Likes

Yeah buddy. I’ve been more fortunate than most this past year and I’m happy with just that. A camper is a camper and I paid the old price and I got what I purchased. Fair as that.

:call_me_hand:

8 Likes

I agree, I am super stoked to have the late model V1, and the only two things that I really would like to have- the removable back “gate” and the interior door closure…and really the door closure is the big one for me. Either way, it’s not going to stop me from running the hello out of it and enjoying it like crazy

1 Like

I’ve found that if you tie some paracord through the pre-drilled hole on the panel you can pull it closed and catch it off with that.

1 Like

It’s what happens with everything. There will always be something newer. Either way, we got a lifetime warranty, and if the space frame ends up rusting, we would be getting an upgrade, I’d imagine, so all is good in the end. It sounds like this design takes the worry of rusting out of the equation. Plus, the space frame is changeable, which is smart for any further issues that can come down the pike.

The only thing I’m like, damn, I wish I had that is the seal they made on the tent and frame versus the snaps we have. That would be pretty awesome to have. Other than that :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Exactly! A week after I bought my Tacoma they announced electronic seat adjustment, Apple CarPlay, and LED headlights. Life goes on

1 Like

My camper is build 31 and it’s on a 2002 Tacoma with 230k. Almost think V2 is too nice for my truck. Haha

4 Likes

You’d have to add your truck to your camper insurance

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

This has been ongoing. GFC has constantly been upgrading its product and some people get to benefit from those upgrades and then others get disappointed when they barely miss the cutoff. I have felt this way in the past but realize there’s nothing I can do and need to enjoy what I have. My camper is pretty awesome but maybe someday the V1 will become more of an antique and worth more hopefully not less ? Probably less. This is definitely the biggest change they have made but I bet it’s not the last one. This company has lofty goals and they seem to be achieving them. I applaud them for the success of their company and doing it all here in the USA.
I often wonder if the long-term goal ( to lower price) stated by owner @WileyDavis is still a goal. It doesn’t seem to be going that way, quite the opposite but who knows.

2 Likes

Hey @Toyoyotaco,

Curious to know where you got this info “Plus, the space frame is changeable, which is smart for any further issues that can come down the pike.”

Thank you!

Just from the video. It’s all bolted together. Take a look at it if you haven’t yet. They show how they joined the corners and everything that’s inside those corners.

1 Like

This was the best read! Love how positive everyone is and how open the original writer was to feedback! Don’t see that too often anymore. Great group! Still hoping to have a GFC one day! You’re all pretty fortunate in my book!

2 Likes