Anyone else’s latch catches dropping down?

The real solution is for GFC to make a replacement where it SLIDES UP to open from the inside!!!

Who ever designed the latch did not take into account G forces.

2 Likes

100% agreee. @jedgar pointed this out above, this seems like a design flaw.

Quick fix until you here from GFC support.

Attach a 3/4 inch vinyl bumper to the latch. The type of bumper I used for under glass on my wifes table top.

Unlocked (Bumper in place)

Unlatched from inside (It is hard to unlatch and the vinyl bumper will need to be replace)

Vinyl Bumper

1 Like

Nothing like a simple solution to increase the coefficient of friction!

I’ve been planning to try something like this when I get home from baja although I’ll probably use some 3m mastic tape as I’ve had better luck with that sticking than these little bumpers. I used those on some spots on the cabinets in my bed and most of them have fallen off at this point.

My last post was a quick solution because I just finished setting the new glass top on my wifes table.

ACE hardware is just around the corner from my house. I picked up 2ea 5 mm Stainless Screws and Flat nuts. There are treaded holes on all the locks.

It unlocks from the inside with some effort depending on how tight you set the screw. This should stop it from jarring open on the trail.

Pull out on the lock to relock from the inside.

3 Likes

I really appriciated this post. My wife and I are planning to drive cross country next year. We have only been camping so far and haven’t hit any washboard road as of yet. I just finished the Icon lift and the suspension is ready for a workout.
I don’t think we will hit the same trails as we do in the Jeep.

Thanks for the heads up about the latches.

Here’s my wife saying :wave: