Anyone have this front hinge panel rattle issue?

Ive tried to loosen/tighten the bolts but they are super small allen heads and I stripped one because they are so tight/possibly corroded. What will happen if I remove the screws? Are they threaded into some kind of nutsert? I stopped trying after stripping one because I didnt want to get myself into a situation where they are inaccessible without a major to-do. Please help, the rattling is INSANELY loud on even the slightest rough road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlKj9qa370E

1 Like

Have you tried contacting GFC? They will probably know what to do.

@Atl-atl I think it’s a matter of the nut behind the bolt not being rotated properly into place. You can loosen all the bolts, or just remove the grab bar, and the nuts behind them kinda look like ninja stars. These nuts need to be rotated almost 90 degrees to “bite” the extrusion before the whole thing is seated properly.

I usually just start with the whole thing disassembled, and I thread the bolts through, put a bead of lock tite on them, and loosely put the nut on. Then, I Line it up to the extrusion. After it’s lined up, I’ll use an Allen key to rotate the bolts while pressing into the camper and I can usually feel the nut rotate into it’s proper place.

Hope this helps! Let me know how I can be more helpful. Feel free to send a PM with your phone number and we can reach out.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @ChrisTechOfficial . Are you able to give me the exact spec of the bolts? Or at a minimum the thread size/pitch? Im pretty sure Ill have to drill out at least two of them because the allen head is stripped.

Mike

1 Like

The threads should be 10-32 pitch, 1/4in.
This image is of the nut behind it, and this is the current bolt I have. I notice yours is a pan head screw, and those were used until we ran out (if it’s the one I’m thinking of). I like the socket head caps because they are harder to strip out, and don’t seem to shear as easy.

1 Like

Great, thank you @ChrisTechOfficial, I will definitely be changing the bolt head style.

Mike