Anyone need a pull down strap!

I made some pull down straps you can attach by hand if anyone is interested I have some up ready to go. I set them up with two mounts so you have a backup just in case. The strap is 37”.
Mount and dismount with just a twist no tools needed.

3 Likes

that is a great idea. is there anyway to modify the design for a GFC t-nut? I’m just spit balling here. maybe leave an access hole in the strap loop and drill a hole for the screw?

1 Like

Yes!! There’s a design coming that will use t-nut

3 Likes

So far, so good with my pull down. I leave it on all the time and just thread a long length of 3/4 tubular webbing through it when I open the camper. It also serves as a mid-height roll-up-the-tent-door keeper that way.

Thanks for making this piece!

2 Likes

Glad to hear it Ben.
You got the first prototype! I ended up using 1" webbing for the final design. I am glad you found the second intended use for it. I totally forgot to say it can be used like a door holder. :rofl:

Your design is a nicer aesthetic than my ad-hoc solution. Although I’m happy with the eyebolt approach, it required loosening one side frame. Getting the roof panel back into the loose side frame was a finicky process with some risk of delamination, LOL.

1 Like

Interesting idea, looks solid!
I am working on a hardware mounted version at the moment I should have complete design by sunday. It will have a removable component so the strap doesn’t have to hang all the time and you can use the strap to hold the door up.

1 Like

Any update on this by chance? I know GFC just released their $70 pull-down strap, but I’d rather have something more streamlined and not as expensive.

2 Likes

I’ll have an updated design going out next friday, It’s been a crazy year so this got put on the way back burner.

70 is a little wild but GFC’s is pretty dang streamlined and rad.

1 Like

Pretty sure @jedgar is also whipping something up.

3 Likes

Excellent, I love that we can provide multiple options.
Here’s a teaser as I print and build to release this week.

5 Likes

Looks great. Can’t wait to get one

Ah dang! This is sweet! I need to modify the one I bought earlier in the year from you so the strap is removable.