Anyone - with a pre 1985 Chevy Pick up W/ a GFC

I have been awaiting the time to ship my 1979 Chevrolet Big Ten, C-10 across country to my new home. Once I arrived in VA i decided to purchase a new Chevy, but have been longing for my classic.
Any who, toying with the idea of finding/ purchasing another GFC for the 79 chevy. Nothing solid.

Really just hoping there are others out there with these classic beauties and someone might already be rocking the GFC.
POST A PIC, would love to see.

Anyone Anyone Anyone

3 Likes

I’ve never seen one…but I have questions. Do you have pictures of this C-10? That is one of my fav classic PU, especially if it’s 4x4. Next question, what’s your build number? (Hint, hint…do it, don’t even think twice). It’s gonna be legendary!!!

1 Like

Unfortunately the Big Ten was the heavy half towing model. Only 2x4. I was going to have it converted but i bailed on the work once i bought my new 4x4 chevy.

Its a beautiful truck. Ive done everything i can under the hood but trying to keep it close to stock.

No build number yet for the 79 chevy. My new chevrolet was build 4295

1 Like

OMG! Is this a three on the tree version? My dad had a very similar model growing up that was 3 on the tree :metal:. I think a GFC on this truck is a necessity! Then get a custom two tone wrap for the GFC panels!!!

2 Likes

also automatic. I wish it was a 3 on the tree.
Inside is beautifully clean, original seats are in primo condition.
It does have the wheel tilt, which i guess is rare for the 79.
This model basically came with everything except 4x4.

It is a 454 monster

1 Like

Holy shit! 454!!! That thing must growl! I’m getting goosebumps, love these square box Chevy’s!!

1 Like

I did have the exhaust rebuilt/ straight piped when I bought it (definitely growls), must have been 2012, bought it from the original owner too. He has/ had a whole slew of classic chevys down in La Pine, Oregon. The original owner had bought this truck in AZ, then moved to OR in mid 80s he said.

I’m 6 foot 6, i love that I can literally just climb up onto the engine bay and fix just about anything with a screwdriver and a hammer, maybe a few select ratchets.

2 Likes

Today shes on her way to her new home in Va.

I’ve seen images of a lowered c10 with a rooftop GFC on a rack system. Never seen one with a camper though.

1 Like

It wasn’t a chev, but I had a 79 Ram Power Wagon camper edition. I wish I never sold it! I held onto it for years, but got tired of moving it around. It was the same in that engine bay, you could crawl right in there and work on stuff.

1 Like

I wonder how many toyota fanbois have to google that

I love the old square bodies. those things are tanks. for years I had a pristine 78 GMC grill hanging up in the garage until it fell and broke :disappointed:

IIRC @WileyDavis had a old big red ford with 8’ camper. I can’t find the thread for it

2 Likes

I do but it’s not that old or classic: Here’s the thread.. It is a regular cab though… probably why you thought it was old :joy:

1 Like

that wasn’t it. it was at least a year and a half ago plus cold meds so…

edit: may have been a side shot of this:

And I believe there was a sweepstakes or raffle to give it away

1 Like

found it thanks to google. I thought it had a camper not a super lite… again cold meds

1 Like

Yep. It’s also a Ford Ranger, so not full-size… I barely fit in it (but still love it).

2 Likes