ARB 2500 Awning room on GFC XL V1 - will side panels open?

Does anyone have an ARB 2500 Awning mounted on an XL V1 with the ARB deluxe room attachment? I’m curious to know if the GFC side panel will open into the room, or if the zippered opening is too small.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

great question. interested as well

Yes. But just barely. I have a V1 XL on the 2020 F-150 with a 5.5 ft bed. You have to ride the ARB back a little bit more than you might otherwise, but it does the trick and allows you to access the interior of your bed from the ARB room.

Thanks - is it a tight fit? I have a 6’4” bed, so longer side panel.

It is somewhat particular. Took me a few adjustments on the ARB to get it in the right spot. So unfortunately my guess would be that the long bed doors on your GFC would not work.

Ok, thanks. Just the info I was looking for. I’ll save a few bucks and just get the awning.

1 Like

@Hardcharger Hope all is well out east! I’m curious how you made out in the long run? I acquired a 2m x 2.5m awning from ARB as a replacement to my 4’ with a blown out bag. I just ordered the deluxe awning room and am wondering the same thing. As I’ve learned it’s nice having an awning and it would be awesome to have a room…I just wish they made it for the 4’.

Cheers,

WG

I ordered the 2.5m x 2.5m awning without a room. It’s longer than the full roof of the GFC, so I imagine I could probably get things lined up to make the room work with the panels open. It worked quite well for the trips I had it on last fall.

I’m honestly not sure I’d go to the effort of setting up the room. I haven’t stayed in one spot long enough to make it worthwhile yet and I’m on my own most of the time. I’m sure one day I’ll park in a cloud of mosquitos and regret not having it. Of course, the way I roll, that will be right after they stop manufacturing it and everyone is sold out, lol.

I’m curious to hear how it works out for you.

1 Like

I do have that same thought about moving around. I already feel that way about the awning in general. But my wife’s eyes lit up when I mentioned the option. So gotta capitalize on that :joy:

I was looking today and you would definitely need to move it back. Which will affect the rear light mount idea.

1 Like