Atlas Rain Fly Pole Mount

To not hijack @Buhlockaye 's DIY Rain fly thread, I’ll post these here.

These are going out with @GainzGFC this weekend for some testing.

Goal was try to design something that reduces the use of mounting hardware down to 1 per rain fly pole mount. This will accept poles up to .32’ in diameter, and has a 1" deep pocket. Most of the load is pushed down and in towards the rail, and I’ve given the mount 1" of pole reinforcement where the bend will take place. These will likely only be made in CF Nylon, but I’ll test out some others also. Let me know your thoughts!

Note This is a functional prototype and the design/aesthetics may change slightly.

9 Likes

Beautifully done! Can’t wait to see the outcome. Fingers crossed they work well!

2 Likes

Awesome!, sign me up!
Literally just got back to Missoula from picking my GFC up.

The OVS version from the other thread is on back order until mid July so these are top of my list (along with some other stuff you print)

1 Like

Nice work man!!

2 Likes

Thanks boss!

2 Likes

lemme know when they’re ready ! I want a pair.

1 Like

Had a quick test with @GainzGFC and found out some valuable information. The angle of the pole was all wrong, so…back to editing I go. A slight hiccup.

2 Likes

That’s what development is my man!! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

I’ll take 6 of these as soon as you got it all worked out :metal:t3:

1 Like

Hopefully soon!

1 Like

@Eisenheim - Any updates on selling these?

Agreed

Reworking them entirely. Tested this and another iteration out, while strong enough, the angle is all wrong. Hard to test frequently since I only have the topper.

4 Likes

If you need any assistance, reach out to me. Happy to help.

2 Likes

any updates on pricing and availability?

3 Likes

Gotta redesign it quite a bit

2 Likes