Awnings! What are your thoughts?

I just ordered the Alucab Shadow. I assume 3 or 4 brackets for install?

For my 270 OVS I used three brackets and it seems totally stable & secure.

100% why I put it on the driver side also!

Hey Tundra, did you get the Bush Company 270 awning installed on you GFC? If so, any issues? Pics?

I also ordered this awning. I’m planning on 3 GFC Universal brackets, and the corner bracket from “cvollers”.

I had the exact same one with the netting and the only reason I got rid of it was for ease of use. I wanted the super quick deployment of a 270 when on the road. I eventually added the walls but have yet to test the walls out yet.

The SlumberJack was top notch in REAL weather.
Honestly if they came out with a quick deploy version that offered the same coverage as the SlumberJack I would seriously consider it.

Here’s the link to when I had it….

https://forum.gofastcampers.com/t/rear-tarp-recommendations/12875/11

Enjoy! :metal:t3:

I have narrowed my choices down to the new Yakima, ($950) -it looks like the prices have gone up since earlier posts… or the 27 Zero Peregrine 270. ($990). Has anybody installed a 27 Zero on their GFC?
For $50 it looks like a much more sturdy, well built awning. Plus wall options.

1 Like

Have yall seen the Kammock awning? That would be pretty rad mounted on the back, I believe its 5’ wide. Its just pricey

1 Like

Does anyone know if the faceplate on the new awning brackets sit the same distance from the track as the old ones? I have two of the old ones currently but will be upgrading to a heavier awning. Wondering if I need to buy another one of the older design or if I can get one of the new ones to use in conjunction with originals.

Looks like it’s about 1.5”

1 Like

Thanks!

Hey Everyone - Here’s the skinny on exact dimensions for our Billet Awning Mounts, which are an updated version of the UMB. This get’s down to the thousandth, so hopefully that helps sort out any awning fitment questions. Keep in mind, this isn’t a one trick pony and can take on other mountables, just follow the static weight guide on the product page.

And check out our full Billet Awning Installation Guide for more.

5 Likes

Are you guys discontinuing the universal mounting brackets in favor of these because those seem to be sold out.

Looks like that was a hiccup with the website code, you should be able to add those UMBs to cart now. Thanks for callin that out!

Still says sold out :sob:

Unfortunately, I looks like we’re having a technical issue with Shopify, I’ll dive into it and try to get that fixed overnight, because I’m only able to get the change to hold momentarily as seen below (peep the time stamp).

In the meantime, if you need to order some of these in a time crunch, reach out to support or send me a DM and we can put a manual order together. Sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

This is nice, custom bracket too.

2 Likes

Is this your first time back on the forum since May when he posted? Just curious why this is coming up again now?

1 Like

I was until ten GFC owners bought from me (after the fiasco that you helped inflame). They are perfectly happy with the product. I’m not sure why you have a jihad or vendetta or whatever, but if you still question my product quality I can give you names to contact. Happy to do it.

Apparently yes. My bad for responding to an old post. My apologies to the community.