Baking!

Been too busy in the backwoods to make a build page yet… But I have been baking! I celebrated my anniversary on a river in the middle of nowhere with my bride a couple of weeks back.

For our anniversary, I made cinnamon rolls from scratch (who doesn’t like breakfast in bed…errr tent?).

I use a simple Coleman folding oven that I wrapped with an insulating cover I made from welding blanket I had. I keep it on the oven with rare earth magnets and clips.
Easy and very effective.

Here is the recipe for the rolls.

I use a small pizza stone that I keep with the oven in my drawer kitchen.

You can either put the oven on your gas stove, or in my case I find it easier and more efficient to use my Lavabox.

9 Likes

I love the smell of cinnamon rolls when camping, but I admit, I just pop the Pillbury tube. We use the Omnia Oven with the Jetboil Minimo stove.

7 Likes

Anyone have the old Backpacker pantry outback oven? I still have one it works well actually. Usually make cornbread or brownies with it. People trip out backpacking in the woods when the smell chocolate baking lol

5 Likes

We love our omnia stove!

1 Like

That’s a sweet design !! I like how it utilizes the interior instead of circulating the heat around the outside with a hood to cover it lol