Beef Rack Cross Bar & Maxtrax Mounting option

Hello everyone,

I’ve only seen this 2 pictures of Maxtrax mounted on a beef rack and they are both horizontal.
Is there anyone that successfully mount a Maxtrax vertically on 2 beef racks?

I found another one, this is the orientation that I want. Would be nice if the owner can share how he did this, but the IG handle is not active anymore.

1 Like

Ill bet some prinsu mounts and moving the bars to match the holes and you’re golden

1 Like

@ScenicCityOverland has a Super Pacific now I think. But he might get this @ mention. Otherwise maybe ask him via comment on his YouTube channel (same name).

1 Like

Hey guys! I’m still around occasionally. I used a few parts from 8020.net to build my roof rack.

Here is the info:

4 Likes

Damn this is genius!

1 Like

Couldn’t you just use these mounts and adjust the width of the beef racks to accommodate? https://4x4designs.com.au/product/rhino-rack-flat-bracket-for-maxtrax-and-tred-pro/

Nice! I’m planning to do the same. Do you have the V2 “standard” size GFC camper? Im wondering whether it’s exactly 53” across or 53” and change…

I built mine for a version one so I don’t know the dimensions on the V2.

1 Like

I imagine it will not be as pretty, but I am thinking “why not treat the MaxTrax like a kayak” and just strap them to the front and rear beef bars with standard 6-10ft NRS straps when going off-grid?

1 Like

Sherpa mounts for the win!

Looks great! Can you provide a topdown view of them on the Beef Bars without the boards covering them up?

Can you provide the link to these mounts. Would love to get a set. Thanks