Bike Rack with swing away?

Yes you can, it also allows me to tow the raft trailer and hitch the bikes at the same time. You can buy these on Etrailer, Walmart, etc. Autozone and Orielly had to order them if I wanted them.

1 Like

1UP USA makes a bomb proof bike rack for the hitch receiver. That with a RIGD Ultra Swing would be a pretty killer setup.

2 Likes

I run the Rockymount swing away and I love it

1 Like

Not on a truck + camper but the Wilco Swinghitch along with the 1up is a solid setup. I like the Wilco because it keeps a lower receiver open.

I love that the 1up will fold up when not in use, but reviews that I saw imply that the upright stabilization arms are prone to bend during overlanding. However, this doesn’t look to be the case with the Xtremluck’s 4 Runner post above. Maybe just lucky?!

It sounds like the 2 most rugged overlanding mounts are the Rigd and ISI Mounts. However, it looks like the have to protrude from the vehicle full time or be removed when not in use.

I’ve got some questions about the Rigd (https://www.rigdsupply.com) system with their representative that started a chat here. It looks super rugged, but I’m not sure on a few points; so hopefully will hear back from him soon.

The ISI system (iSi Advanced 4x4 Bicycle Carriers | Extreme Duty | Offroad | Cars | 4x4 | Caravans and Camper Trailers ) looks like it has a better departure angle, but it’s an Australian company and their rep said(as of Jan. 2023) that world events have caused them to withdraw from the U.S. market for the time being, but that they are working to address it.

All thoughts very much appreciated!! Cheers!