Cab facing sliding window

Hello everyone. I am number 2674 with an install date of Dec 30, 2021…can’t wait!! Red V2 on a Red Gladiator in Red Lodge (can’t make it up).

I’m interested in cutting the cab facing panel to install a slider window to have access to the cab from the camper. Does anyone have experience or products that have worked for this idea?

Thanks for the informative reply. I don’t have a nibbler but am always looking for an excuse to get a new tool! The vision in my head wasn’t taking into account the angled supports which will probably be the main challenge. Picts will be on the way.

1 Like

Im also interested in this. I bet eventually GFC will release an opening version of the window. It would be small but at least functional

I don’t think you will be able to fit the window behind the cross bars. there is maybe ~1/4" of space. I won’t keep you from trying so please be the guinea pig and share pictures and process. I would be interested in a slider as well

You could maybe glue a surface mount with some fasteners on the outside and avoid the bars. Not sure how creative you would need to be or if it’s available.

You could also maybe mount the window on something slightly larger and surface mount it to the front of the panel to offset it away from the bars.

Any traction on adding widows? Would love a slider option of some sort for the dog…

3 Likes