Camper buildout- Trouttaco

It’s hdpe starboard plastic

1 Like

Looks awesome. Cleanest built I have seen so far. If you don’t mind I would like to ask you a few questions about it:

1. What series of extrusion did you use?
  2. How did you mount the frame to the bed?
  3. What wood did you use for the lid?
  4. What is the insulation for on the wheel well?
  5. Where did you get the “arm” that holds the lid open?

Thanks in advance for the insights.

2 Likes

Pretty cool I’ll be Following this one

1. I used 10 series from t nutz
  2. I had a piece of hdpe plastic cut as a baseplate. I didn’t bolt it to the bed. All the cabinets are bolted to it using rivnuts.
  3. I used baltic birch
    4.I insulated the whole truck bed… not sure it did anything. But It was worth a shot.
    5.My friend who did the wood work found those hinges at a local hardware store. I dont know what they are called.
3 Likes

Thanks so much for the info!

This is exactly what I’d like to do with my truck. Do you have measurements or a layout you could share? I’d like to do 80/20 but don’t want to struggle with design measurements.

1 Like

Sorry,
My design was kind of on the fly and just drawn on some paper. I don’t have any of the info anymore.

Great work.

Is the plastic just a floating panel in the groove of the extrusion?

Thanks. Yes. It fits right into the extrusion.

Love the build - I’m drawing a lot of inspiration from it as I’m planning out my own. Are you happy with the decision to use the Starboard for the base panel? I’m currently debating between bedlined plywood and the starboard. How’s the texture of the starboard?
thanks!

Im happy with the starboard, It has a nice texture. Not smooth. I like the weight savings of it as well compared to plywood.

1 Like

Dude you’re my hero I’m thinking of doing the same. Can I see the side that’s against the bed Rail?

Where did you buy the starboard? I can’t find a reputable option