Camper rod brackets?

My title is garbage, sorry. Today I was showing someone the GFC and I noticed that the aluminum brackets where the bolt goes through are uneven. Is this normal or am I just stress drinking/posting? I’ll try posting pictures later.

No fabric caught between the roof and the lower frame when closing? Pic?

No, I always make sure to get all the fabric inside.

Is the tent is uneven side to side? If so, then you may be able to simply recenter it with a plastic dead blow mallet by hitting the upper tent extrusion. I just recently got my camper, and John my installer told me that the tent is designed to move sideways. GFC has been making some design changes. Not sure if this is a change, but mine has a free floating tent that can move side to side normally. If yours is the same design and off side to side, try some solid mallet whacks to recenter it.

Peace.

1 Like

Give it a smack towards the hinge side or the “locking side”?

Yes this is normal. The fix is literally to use a rubber mallet and whack it until it’s even again. Fixed mine and I haven’t had uneven issues since. If you ever have to take apart any of the corners this happens. Not sure why, but I know a mallet works.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks everyone!

1 Like

I keep a dead blow in the camp box now, it was maddening not being able to close my tent up on one of my trips and it was due to the shift

So this is the unevenness I was talking about. Took a rubber mallet to the top portion of the tent extrusion and it still looks like this. Tent closes fine, no fabric in the way, look normal to y’all?

1 Like

My understanding is that as long as it closes, its fine. If you want it even, use a dead blow mallet and whack it with force. Don’t tap. Hit the tent extrusion hard to re-center.

Peace.

That’s actually not that bad compared to mine. Every few months the top extrusion bows in the middle near the strut and I have to whack it back in. I can usually get the rear corners to line up easier after doing that

1 Like

That looks about like mine does. It’s cause the aluminum extrusions are aluminum which is inherently not a stiff material in lengths like this. Mix that with the milled corners things will move with temperature and vibration unfortunately. As long as it closes everything is good. And like the other user said you gotta whack it with force, but don’t go too much; you’ll figure it out just alternate sides till it’s where you want it.

1 Like