Cantilever over cab rack idea

Nifty design and prototype! I will likely design a similar rack for my V2 on access cab Tacoma. I wasn’t thrilled about potentially drilling into my roof to install rivnuts for mounting a Prinsu style rack.

There is a double T-slot that is stationary (not rotating up with the top half). I would mount to the triple tracks on either side, similar to Mike’s prototype, as well as the double slot.

1 Like

Oh cool. Glad they kept some of that functionality on the new tent.

For flex Mike was meaning the truck flex… Like driving one tire up a ramp simulating driving on uneven surfaces. This would twist the bed and push the rack into the top of your cab.

I attached a pic for reference.

1 Like

Well I found something to flex the chassis on. The new rack didn’t come very close to the cab.

As this is my daily driver and doesn’t see much more than fire roads I’m very confident it’ll do the trick for me.

1 Like

Would be a perfect spot for strapping Maxtrax (particularly in a thick Blue Ridge stowage bag to avoid drawing attention). Gets them out of the truck bed, and they’re light enough to avoid flexing the rack (wind loading would be the main force). The GFC prototype looks solid in its anchoring/bracing, and also seeming well enough above cab height. But if intended only for light stuff like MaxTrax, we could make this with crossbars much simpler and smaller than their beef bars. I’m intrigued (because the bagged Trax are always in the way back there).

1 Like

another maxtrax bag

Hey if anyone is interested in the cantilever rack it’s for sale! PM me if your interested

1 Like