Chevy Colorado Pre-install weatherizing

Wondering if any fellow Colorado owners can share what they did before their install to weatherproof the bed as much as possible? I see lots of Tacoma info but was struggling to find the same answers for my truck.

2019 Colorado owner here. I installed these beforehand. I’ve had my V1 since March of 2020, still battling the weird tailgate gaps around the top of the tailgate when closed. Looking to mess around with these to help with dust intrusion once the winter is finally over (NW Wyoming is confused on what month it is currently).

Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks so much for those links, I was looking yesterday for the stake pocket covers. Looks like those are highly rated. Did you mess with sealing under the bed rails at all? I will probably do the tailgate seal as well after the campers installed.

1 Like

Didn’t bother with anything on the bedrails and I have no regrets. Only thing I’ve encountered besides the around the tailgate is in the passenger side corner of the bed near the cab. For some reason a small amount of water seems to leak there. I’ve taken the GFC off once when getting my hinges upgraded and had the bulb seal replaced. Still happens every once in a while :man_shrugging:. I plan on installing a full Bedrug later this summer, but this small leak has me second guessing that decision.

1 Like

I was actually thinking of doing the same, might just go with the bedrug on the floor instead of the whole thing for that reason. Really only need it to flatten out the bed and give the knees a break.

1 Like