Cleaning stains from the Anodizing

At the beginning of the year I saw a post about staining of the anodizing. I decided that being from FL and having lots of bugs especially Love Bugs plus growing up close to the ocean and how I cleaned anodizing would work on the Go Fast Camper.

First cleaning bugs. We use a bucket of water and Cheep Laundery Dryer Sheets. Watch the following video he’s from Montana.

Second cleaning the stains. I use AL-NEW Aluminum Restoration Cleaning Solution.

Before Photo:

After Photo:

Let me know if this works for you like it does for me.

10 Likes

Dang that looks brand new! Going to have to try that sometime! Appreciate the post!!

Holy! I live in the mountains and that areas is constantly smashed with bugs so good to know.

Went to school in Central Florida so know the love-bug situation!

This is actually super helpful. Appreciate the insight and share.

FYI: I have not cleaned it since it was installed in NC Feb of this year except for standard washing. I really wanted to see if the process worked.

There is one more step I am going to do but don’t know if it will help protect.
I am going to put a coat of Everbright Protective UV Clear Coat on a small section to see how long it will last.

One final comment. Anodizing is Very Strong but it is also porous and will absord stain. This is only to help clean the porous surface without using an abrasive.

1 Like

I imagine this is what you refer to? Just wanted to make sure I was looking at the right product.

Correct. Here is a link on Amazon.

AL-NEW Aluminum Restoration Cleaning Solution | Clean & Restore Patio Furniture, Stainless Steel, and Other Household Metal Surfaces (16 oz.) Amazon.com