Collapsible Ladder

I guess a wide deploy would fix that problem. I think I’m been doing as tight as I can since the angle of the steps get worse as you widen the deployment. Thanks for the tip!

Do you think the angle steps make a difference on this ladder?

Derek, I can’t compare to the others, but I’ve done OK barefoot on my ladder. I like the positive connection with the clips.

Another data point for angling the ladder further out. Its gotten use well into the triple digits without any issue.

1 Like

I’ve also used it on 5 trips now and I tend to pick up and move to scout out new spots every day I’m out. I haven’t noticed anything yet, but I’ll give the top part a wrap as well. Precaution is better than - “M*%$@%@&%!&R!” lol

Used the GFC ladder for the first time on my last trip, and I got to think whoever designed the rungs on this ladder never used one in their lives. 45 yrs in the trades using ladders and this might be the most uncomfortable one yet. Thinking if I was somewhere for more than a couple days, some pre-cut pipe insulation zip tied to those rungs might be the ticket.

Also, what are you all doing with the extra steps? Stacking them at the bottom or top. If stacked at top, then point of contact with extrusion is those plastic lock releases. I’m thinking of removing the top 2 steps, would have to reattach GFCs bracket and the top cover would no longer fit. But should be easy enough to find a plug to fit. Any downside to cutting ladder down?

3 Likes

I ended up buying one of ikampers newer ladders with the angled rungs that are flat when the ladder is deployed only because the gfc ladders were out of stock when I was planning on getting my camper. It’s comfortable barefoot, but I had to fabricate a piece similar to the one gfc uses to attach it.

i use it fairly close to the truck to minimise the step angle.

1 Like

I wear my dorky old man crocs up and down the ladder

4 Likes

Yeah. Its uncomfortable with bare feet. I hang my flops next to the ladder and wear those…

Peace.

This must be the ladder you were talking about. The GFC ladder is pretty lame barefoot. Maybe I can take the adapter off of my GFC ladder and put it on the ikamper one.

1 Like

Yes that’s the one. I ended up adding a piece to the top rung similar to the gfc after trying other attachments…

1 Like

I like my iKamper’s angled steps, but I could not get the GFC-style fitting to work for me. My jury-rigged solution is a few posts higher in this thread.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong with scratching the extrusion with the ladder. I have now done a super wide deployment as others have suggested and I still see the ladder contacting the extrusion. I have 5 or 6 tiny dipples on each side of the extrusion where the ladder contacts. Doing a wide deployment is very awkward while literally crawling up the ladder.

Makes me wonder I am not hooking the ladder in correctly but not sure how to get this wrong.

Do you have a picture of the bracket on the ladder? Is there a gap between the ladder and bracket causing the rivets to rest on the extrusion?

i think its inevitable (personally) to the scratch the extrusion, to be honest. we use our ladder close to make it easier on the feet to climb… perhaps @shittco (on instagram) will finish testing his ladder mounts soon and they will be available (along with his sweet sweet awning hack blocks)

I am glad I got the ladder but gat’dam that thing is unkind to bare feet!

2 Likes

Here are the Shitco ladder blocks. I’ve been helping him test them and they are pretty awesome. I left the GFC “wing” on the ladder, because it gives me the flexibility to use it elsewhere if I need to.

9 Likes

Those are SICK! A couple of questions. I know he has been “testing” them and do you have any idea when they will be available for direct purchase? Also, what ladder are you running here?

I use a large carabiner to ensure the ladder doesn’t slide away as the kids are up and down at all points during our camping trips…

1 Like