Concerns about the newer campers

I have a camper that started the build process about 12 or so weeks out but I am having some concerns. I was unaware of the existing problems the campers were having up until I fully paid and stumbled across a Tacoma world post about the different issue existing owners were experiencing. I understand the hinges were redesigned to try and solve them from breaking which is go to know but now more than likely I’ll thow a secondary safety for highway travel just in case worst comes to worst. I am mainly want to know about what has been done about the condensation I know the tubes were changed out to aluminum so the steal wouldnt rust n the aluminum would just oxide an protect it from further corrosion I’m assuming the water leaking and rust was from the condensation building up in the hollow frame. What has been done to combat the main issue of the condensation from forming so much to the point of dripping down from the ceiling. Will a fan become available to get installed, has the new tent frabric actually be tested in the areas were owners experience this issue,during winter when trying to heat camper am I going to have to leave windows open. Just want to know how the newer version is holding up I kinda was under the impression that this was offroad and truly tested in all climates before hitting the market I would hate to have spent this much on a item that wont trully hold up.

Hi,

The rusty tubes (now replaced with free-draining aluminum tubes) were caused by the tubes filling up with rain water, not condensation.

The hinge failures have been limited to some of the campers built with the old method of sealing due to the way the hinge was stressed by the foam gasket, see this post for more detail. We haven’t had any failures on campers built with the new sealing method.

As for condensation in the tent, that’s a complicated issue. Essentially it’s no different than any regular tent condensation-wise. https://sectionhiker.com/backpacking-how-to-prevent-tent-condensation/

5 Likes

Cool thank you works for me I was just really concerned about the frame holding water n dripping from the bolts were the tent attachs to.I’ll figure out the inside condescension as I use it

1 Like