Corrosion on tent frame

Ya I would do that if this was just a surface atheistic. But this is much deeply entrained into the whole aluminum tent frame with galvanic corrosion bubbles everywhere. If you saw it up close you’d understand…if I’m going to salvage this thing, it has to been completely disassembled…I’ve also had quite a problem with rust all over the t nut bolts and struts…I’m guessing the initial powder coat was compromised which is why I was expecting GFC to cover this…

Always grateful for your dedicated aftermarket products and engagement on this forum…it is one of the reasons the V1 is worth it….

1 Like

You might be able to do what Jedgar suggested since you’re in the early stages of this… Is any of the corrosion under the front section over the cab?

I guess it’s encouraging that GFC offered to disassemble, sand blast, re-coat a V1 camper. What was the ‘reasonable’ price they quoted you? I might be interested.
thanks!

Funny enough they backed out of the offer and directed me to find a local powder coat company…basically a middle finger to all of us V1ers with this problem…. Initially had hope they would honor their rambling of customer support. Blah blah…

I was livid when I received the last email full of remorseful platitudes.

1 Like

Sorry to see your post on this. That sucks. GFC used to be responsive to customers. Maybe that’s a thing of the past. Dunno. Hope that doesn’t happen to my V1. If you figure out what caused it, please post here.

Going out to check on mine as soon as I finish this post…

Peace.

Geez, that’s a drag. Customer service, hah! Especially frustrating for us early adopters who took a chance on this little startup company and their funky idea for a pop up camper.

After I saw your first note about them offering a fix (kind of) I sent them a note expressing my interest. I haven’t heard back from them. So I don’t know what to do at this point. I’m certainly not planning to disassemble my GFC on my own as that seems a recipe for problems in the future . . .

2 Likes