Wondering if anyone has recent insight on build times/when should I be contacting GFC just to ensure my build will be ready when I get out there? My install is scheduled for March 17, my build is listed as ready for production. Since I’m making the drive from NC to MT and have a relatively small window I just want to make sure everything works out! Thanks for any input
I received an email reminding me that my build is in 10 days, including a checklist so trucks ready that day. (no roof racks, what vehicles keep truck rails on, ect)
if it’s scheduled, that’s when it’s ready. GFC has got the system down. It should start production real soon and finish just in time
@blackhearse hit the nail on the head. We are sticking to install dates and are confident your camper will be everything you imagined it would be on the day that you arrive.
Thanks for the response! The stoke is building exponentially
I’m making the same trip a week later from Charlotte
3.26.22 for me. Can’t wait, coming from Socal.
3.26.22 for me as well at the end of the day. Looking forward to it.
Rather than start a new thread, in your experience what are the chances I’ll need an extra source of heat (mr. Buddy) in addition to a zero degree bag and quilt for camping in Bozeman area mid March.
I think you will be perfectly fine with a 0 degree bag and a quilt. Its hard to say because last week it hit 50 degrees here but today the low is -19. Late March should be a little more stable but only time will tell!
LOL I am on the same page. I plan to camp in yellowstone and everywhere i can on the way back. I have a buddy heater and need to get a new sleeping bag cause i hear it gets gets cold even in march.
Glad to see I’m not the only one driving out from NC to MT! Install date is early April for me.
CO gets its most snow fall in March usually, I would assume the MT does as well, have a great trip and be prepared.
Thanks, truck is ready, making my list of items and looking through Big Mike’s suggestions. Been fine at 12 degrees on a Colorado trip last year so hoping for the best. Need to book reservations and get on the road soon.
Have you decided on your route out there yet? I think I’m gonna do Indianapolis to Iowa and then straight across South Dakota to hit black hills and badlands
If there is a snow storm a couple days before your trip, stick to I-80. It gets a ton more traffic and clears quicker than I-90. Sometimes it’s lucky if I-90 even sees a plow in some spots. Just a lesson I learned the hard way. safe travels
My experience with I-80 is the opposite. If there’s a snow cycle, 80 will shut. If there’s wind, and it’s always blowing hard across WY, 80 will shut. For days. You can assume 80 will shut between Cheyenne and Rock Springs if there is weather. It’s happened to me multiple times coming across trying to get to and from Idaho Falls.
I am going up to chicago to hang out with a cousin then head west to mount rushmore. Then to gofast. Afterwards going to camp in yellowstone then go to grand teton. I will then go to denver to see my other cousin and hang out. Then proceed to colorado springs to see garden of the gods? then head east home. so a big circle to see the most i can.