CVT 270 Awning Mounting Help

Recently mounted up the new CVT 270 awning with three GFC brackets (42lb awning). I failed to mount it as high as possible and due to the water intrusion updates + bolts at the corner of the camper, I feel the rear most bracket is not as far back as I’d like it to be. I’m unsure if I can move it any closer without interfering. It seems stout when deployed, but I still worry I should move the brackets up and over if possible. Has anyone had similar issues/and or do you think it’ll hold up? The awning does have a single pole I can use.

If I remember, the CVT one is fairly light in weight since they wanted to be able to mount it to the CVT MT Hoods (needed to be under 50lbs if I remember…). I used 4 brackets with my Overland Pros Wraptor 6k which is ~65lbs. I slide 2 of the 4 brackets closer to the rear of the GFC panel since most of the weight would be suspended in that location. Your rear bracket is actually a little bit further back it looks like than where mine is currently at.

1 Like

@GainzGFC You’re right about the weight, it’s listed at 42lbs. Good call on sliding the two closer. Maybe I’ll just loosen the middle one and bring it a bit closer to the back. Do you typically use poles for your Wraptor?

Here is where my rear bracket is placed.

1 Like

About the same, mines just one channel lower. I may move it up eventually… When I have an extra hand around.

Mine was on the lower before but then with the water update, GFC bumped it up.

1 Like

Could you straddle the bolt to get it a bit further back? I have my FSR 270 mounted with 3 brackets and it has been really solid. I am a bit further back but not all the way.

1 Like

I think that’s a solid option, I wasn’t sure of the integrity of the area with the bolts and channel for water to exit, but seems like a non-issue.