Hi folks! I bought this truck new in 2017 and it’s been my adventure mobile and daily driver since then. Just rolled over 80k on the way to MT for the GFC install. It’s pretty run of the mill, but figured I could detail some stuff in case it’s useful for anyone else, and maybe log future mods now that the camper is installed.
I’m coming from an ARE MX fiberglass topper which I spend 30-50 nights per year in, traveling the American West and getting up to no good climbing and stuff.
The build so far:
- 2017 Access Cab Long Bed in Magnetic Gray Metallic
- TRD Off-Road with premium/tech package because heated seats
- GFC v2 #1770, black panels, both windows, both doors, tangerine tent fabric, 2 beefybois, mantis ladder
- Toytec aluma 2.0 in the front, OME 600# springs/shocks in the rear
- 265/75/16 Duratracs on stock OR wheels
- C4 Fabrication hybrid front bumper
- Warn Zeon 10k synthetic winch
- Baja Designs Squadron Sport front lights
- RCI aluminum front and transmission skids
- RCI sliders, 20 degree angle with kickout
- RCI rear bumper - no swingouts or anything fancy
- OGE dual battery with Odyssey group 35, Redarc BCDC 1225
- Currently an Overland Solar Bugout 130 when stationary
- Expedition Essentials compressor mount with ARB twin air compressor for airing up
- Dometic CFX3 55im - this is a game changer, get a DC fridge. Seriously.
… other stuff, probably.
Future plans include:
- Interior - drawers, fridge slide, haven’t really decided yet
- Rebuilt DC setup - thinking sPOD, camper lights, etc…
- I still don’t like the suspension in the front with all the weight. BP51, Fox, King, … ?
- Permanent solar, looking at Sunflare like Julian’s build, or I have some Renogy panels in the garage
Anyway, here’s some photos taken since the GFC was installed on Saturday Sep. 4th.
And a video showing that I don’t just mall crawl:
So yeah. I’ll poke around here as I add more and more toys, and thanks y’all for already being an inspiration to me.