DEET on panels?

That bug zapper reminds me of growing up in Maine and cheering when a June Bug got zapped!

2 Likes

Brutal lol

These guys say use my medicinal doctor prescribed sleep medicine The Alcoholic Beverage That'll Keep Bugs Away While Camping

You can also get a candle lantern and use citronella candles, seems to help with the flies and mosquitoes but not much for gnats or chiggers

GFC got back to me and said I could get new panels (expensive) or just wrap mine. I might go for the latter. Any recommendations out there on wrap? I have a lunar rock Tacoma. I think it might be cool to have matching lunar rock panels, not sure yet though

That would be sick, I think you should color match and post the results.

@cmc looks like this might happen soon - just ordered some.

Screenshot 2023-10-01 at 7.57.15 PM

3 Likes

Going to look :fire::fire::fire:

I wrapped my passenger side panel today. The film I used is from APA and sold by Evolv. It’s the gloss option. I pulled the whole panel off the truck, and removed the locks. I used a heat gun to get the vinyl workable as I went around the panel.

Ignoring my less-than perfect wrap (mostly just lots of wrinkles from not putting it down perfect), the color is very close. The issue I’m seeing is that the vinyl will probably never stick perfectly to the texture on the powder coated GFC panel. While I’m generally happy with the results, I think the right way to do this job is to mask off the hinge, remove all other hardware, and have a shop paint the panels.

The fact that the vinyl works but doesn’t look as good as on a car makes sense. Almost cars have super glossy, smooth panels that the vinyl loves to attach itself to. The GFC panels are a different texture that the vinyl sticks to but will never fully conform to.

5 Likes