What have you done to your GFC this week

yup, it’s a mild PITA, but I tend to mostly go camping during the work week when it’s less buy(retired), so I just need to check on text messages from friends/family. Starlink is great for remote working though, so i think it makes sense if you’re doing that.

1 Like

Does this only control in cab lighting or did you run your external lights to this as well?

Is this just to control camp lighting?

It can control anything that runs off 12v. It’s just a solid state switch with Bluetooth and a bunch of other nice features. I don’t have much for external lighting but I was thinking maybe I should get some.

Right now I’m mostly using it to control the various LED strips I have in the camper.

edit: you motivated me to add some “scene” lighting. I have a BD rock light coming that I’ll be mounting to the top of the GFC racing rearward and this switch will control that as well.

1 Like

Nice! I installed a second SwitchPros panel inside too. Super handy!

Finally got up and installed 8020 DIY bars I had sitting in my living room for last few weeks

Got the solar panel up, its a bifacial hoping the white top gets a little extra juice

Flat converted starlink also mounted, just temporary mounting as I’m building a quick release and cam holder so I can tilt it up when the tent is deployed.

9 Likes

Wrapped one of my panels with vinyl as a test DEET on panels? - #31 by steezeman

Currently working on the cab build, designing a bunch of parts. Not much to show there. Cleaned out the whole truck to make room for some stuff going on this week

1 Like

Followed @Chuck.D with my horse trailer vent project… added a really nice bracket to pipe the diesel heater flow into the truck bed. It also helps with ventilation overall, pups or just to let the Dometic exhaust (warm air) escape the truck bed.

12 Likes

Installed the new GFC Tent Pull Kit which can be found here

7 Likes

Ah shit, QD swivel? Gonna have to repurpose a few unused AR slings.

7 Likes

$70 yikes. That’s super cool and I get they mill it here but holy moly.

Wonder if these can hold weight: https://www.lumberingbearadventuregear.com/product-page/prometheus-1

2 Likes

Mark makes some high quality stuff from what I have seen. He uses high strength plastics that have some REALLY strong strength.

2 Likes

I think sliders/rails are next. My truck is fairly lifted, so I’m considering the option with the little platform near the rear wheel well- small spot to stand. It’s always “almost finished” eh?

1 Like

These have the rear kick out, although they are pretty tight to the body and not filled with a plate. But that area is convenient for standing on to access stuff for sure!

I often wish I had a small stool when wrestling my awning straps, so maybe the kick out is a good idea. Thanks!

Finally routed some charging ports to a new box which is accessible from the tailgate!

4 Likes

Made a simple but huge improvement to our VRNCLR bedding Catch. As great as that product is, it would occasionally dump our stuff out of it while driving bumpy roads. More a result of it being overstuffed than anything!

We put a grommet in the catch, installed a small picture frame hanger in the t-track, and used a small nite ize s-biner to connect the two. So far, all our over stuffed items have stayed in place!

13 Likes

@Buhlockaye with the damn fine lock covers!

8 Likes

Put in this semi fold-away morning coffee seat.
Perfectly comfortable when making and drinking coffee downstairs in the camper.

Stowed away

Folded out mode

@WrinkledPants
Many thanks to Overland Softgoods for the custom size back cushion cover and stuff sack that is perfect for my stow-able seat! Scott and Sharon offer great quality needlework and superb service. Couldn’t be happier…

When my wife joins me on camp excursions, I leave the platform cushions in place so I needed another cushion option downstairs.

Peace.

6 Likes

Here’s a quick little breakdown of some recent updates:

• Finally got Drip Rails from our guy @jedgar
  • Completed my set w/ 4 new Lock Covers from @Buhlockaye of BZ Shop
  • Dometic’s GO Hydration Series 11 Liter Jug & Water Faucet. Official placement TBD.
  • And my personal favorite, a custom end cap from @Buhlockaye for my Outgear Solutions Tilted Bumper that I recently installed. The bumper doesn’t quite reach the fender, so this fills the void. 3D printed and finish with Flex Seal, son.
  • Also upgrade to LED headlights… changed muh damn life like I knew it would. Why do Tacoma headlights always suck.

Anyway, here’s a video if you didn’t read any of that…

(3D Cap detail, and as you can see, that’s a big ole gap.)

Yeah… I could cut those finger nails.

9 Likes

Glad to help and video is killer as always :love_you_gesture:t3:

2 Likes