Denver to Bozeman and back suggestions

I wasnt able to camp in Yellowstone unfortunately, I drove through on the way back down though Dubois WY, Then camped about 10 miles south of that at a cool little boondock site on the Red canyon of the Windy River area. I got the site off the IOverlander app. I did find some cool looking spots from that app tho. Definitely reccomend staying west of the 1-25 highway. Western WY is gorgeous.

Awesome! Thanks, yeah I have two reservations for “camping” in the park, might be perfect to kind of shake down the GFC and work on our setup with a little more ease. Do you know do you need reservations to enter the park as well if you have a reserved camp sight? The website is a bit ambiguous with that, I also have the DV pass which I think is free admission to the park so.

How long ago was your trip?

We have not needed reservations the two times we’ve been through the park, but many parks are trending towards reservations for popular hikes and parking areas. Worth researching for sure.

1 Like

Good tips. I am heading up Thurs from Den. Install is Friday and need to be back by Sun night or Mon AM. So sadly a bit quick soo. Hoping to find some cool places to explore/camp heading back south…just have zero plan currently.

I went up last October to grab the GFC. I had to get up and back pretty quick but It would be awesome to take some time and get lost a bit!

1 Like

My two cents…

If you have time cut down through the Paradise Valley, into the north entrance of Yellowstone, out through the northeast entrance and Lamar Valley, catch Chief Joseph Highway to connect to the back side of the Bighorns and either drive the north or south highway through the Bighorns. Enjoy that part of the adventure as much as you can and then blaze back to Denver on the interstate from there.

2 Likes

Thats pretty much our exact time line end of July, let me know how it goes!

Ended up doing a quick loop given weather/openings.

Left Denver Wed PM to friends house in Buffalo, WY by the Big Horns. Made it to Bozeman the following day for install.

Then spent the next 2-3 days going south from Bozeman to West Yellowstone to Tetons back to Denver. Was a bit brisk and snowy but awesome!

1 Like

Highly recommend Gaia GPS and iOverlander for finding dispersed camping.

1 Like

Hello, I see you have your platform camper listed for sale. We are looking to buy a Ram 1500 5.7 and your camper may be what we would want. Is it still for sale? Are you also selling the truck and would be looking to sell it as a package? You can email me at lray.cff@gmail.com if you have further information. Thank you.

1 Like

We just returned from a loop - Grand Junction, CO to Bozeman, back through Yellowstone, Jackson, and the Flaming Gorge. It was EPIC. We camped in the national forest. Turns out, with a GFC, you don’t need roads :wink: