Did Someone Say Lighting Kits?

Awesome, much appreciated

Finished installing my kit (Truckparts version). I made a few changes to the location and being an XL the added width prevents you from installing the lights that far outboard on the side panels. As the length of cables supplied would not reach across.

I set mine up differently from the instructions so I had a spare extension to reach the passenger side panel. I also installed the front light low and upward to provide some indirect light. I plan on building some sort of couch back there so the light should work ok.

For the upstairs I didn’t want any obstructions on the roof (wires or lights). I made some simple adapters and attached them to the tracks on each side. This also helps to make the lights less direct which is nice. I had to extend one leg of the splitter to reach the passenger side light but that was easy. FYI these light have 3 wires.

4 Likes

Can I buy just the upper lights? I have a platform RTT and don’t need the other lights.

Truckparts.parts lighting kits are my favorite.

Any ETA on lighting kit availability?

You should get the mictuning one. Save $360

1 Like

There a good kit or set you recommend?

Yes I have the lower-only. I like em and it was pretty easy to install (I used a standalone lipo battery rather than wiring to the truck battery as intended). These are the “soft white” ones by the way. Ignore the dangling wire I still have to tape down :wink:

1 Like

Kits are back in stock! Get em while they last…

when are more coming available? they are already sold out!

What did you use to mount it to the track?

I made a little adapter from aluminum flatbar. Using 2 t-nuts per side.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I was in the middle of my install when I found your post. You make a good point with the indirect lighting

Radio silence from Madcap. Guess they bought inventory but aren’t making new kits…bummah.

I had a great experience getting Hard Korr lighting from GTFO Overland. I had some issues with parts and they immediately sent me new items and were very communicative. Great experience all around with the lights and customer service from them.

I paid around $40 at Costco for a 16-foot strip of LED tape lights….multiple colors, white dimmable, wireless remote, pull about 14W from a Jackery. Plenty of light for the downstairs. I use a separate rechargeable LED light upstairs.

2 Likes

I placed an order on July 10th and received a shipment notification on July 16th, but no further updates and no product. I’ve tried to locate my order via the tracking number and have attempted to reach out to Madcap, but their site is down and any emails to them bounce back. Seems like they took our money and ran. This is not okay.

Not like I expect any response, but @Madcap.Supply, what say you?

Perhaps @GFC Moderators should consider deactivating the account on here at the very least.

I’m in the same situation. My order was placed on July 7th.

My most recent attempt at contact was a message to their Instagram account, which has not been read yet….4 days. @Madcap.Supply

Thankfully, their website is taken down and people won’t continue to order product from them. It seems that they ran out of inventory and “oversold”. Very simple solution is to refund us few people and move on @Madcap.Supply

Thanks for getting it out there that this company has taken the money and run on some folks. Love that this forum has great feedback and ideas!

I’ve bought items from @jedgar @AERONAUT and @WrinkledPants based on the forum and have been extremely happy with the products and the customer service!

6 Likes