Dumb question about about specific name of piece

I know this is a dumb question but what is the piece called that you screw to tighten the tent down. It’s the piece you screw and unscrew to lift the tent up and to lock it down when you close it

I don’t know exactly what you are referring to or exactly what the part is called. It’s a set screw or locking screw with a ratcheting end. Hope that got at what you are looking for.


1 Like

“Adjustable hand lever” is the best I have found to find them on google.

1 Like

Do you have a pic? Sounds like a jack screw.

this? we just had to pick one up from gfc as one came out whilst driving

1 Like

I lost one while driving too. A 1/4-20 thumb screw from the hardware store with a nut threaded on all the way and a washer has been working fine for the last year or so. I said I was going to fix it later, which means never…

These also look similar enough. Might give them a try.


Yup that’s the one! Just fell off while I was driving I guess

yup thats what happened to us, on a trip. had to ziptie it closed for a couple days…

Where did you pick up the piece just by itself? Looking to get maybe a few just incase this happens again

Thru GFC. I think I’m going to get an extra now too - seems it is a thing that can actually happen. Ours didn’t feel loose or anything the morning it fell out, and we use them so only require a 1/2 turn to be able to open / close.