Eastern Meetup in 2023?

Just picked up my GFC last weekend and I’m beyond stoked! I’m pretty new to the forum so forgive me if I should be posting in different section.

Really wish I was closer (live in southern Ohio) to where the new events/meetups are taking place. That being said, would anyone want to organize our own eastern meet up? GFC mentioned they would promote it on their socials. Just an idea. Would be really cool to get something planned around OH,KY,WV,VA,TN, or NC. I was thinking for 2023 so we had time to plan and would be out of winter, but honestly I’m up for any weekend. Just need to nail down a good location to accommodate us

Let me know what you guys think either on here or IG @rodneyhamilton/@Moose_4x4

7 Likes

Lynchburg, VA here. I’m still on order, delivery in Jan.
Grew up all over the East Coast and in PacNW (Bend, Or).

I’d be very down of you wanna chat more.

3 Likes

Nice! I’m down to make a bit of a drive if we can find a decent central location and enough people who want to do a meet up. Would love to have a big turn out. Had another guy mention Asheville,NC as a location.

1 Like

Whats up guys, this is wannaberangergreen from insta, spoken to a few of you already.

I’m going to work on getting a location setup for an Asheville meetup early 2023, probably at a brewery or something. I"ll be up there this weekend and will scout locations in the process.

5 Likes

Nice to see you here man! Hopefully we can get enough interest and meet up. Would love to see all the different rigs out this way and do a group camp

Tap into the Mid-atlantic and Southeast regions and you may get some bites. I am up for a meetup and work from there.
Cheers

1 Like

Was thinking about possibly May 27th and 28th

2 Likes

Asheville is somewhat centered to the southeast/midwest and would just be an awesome spot for all the people coming out of the area are my thoughts. Some solid camping within an hours distance too, pisgah, NC 105, boone etc…

2 Likes

Most of my family lives in AsheVegas. Sounds like a plan.

If anyone wants to do a meet up in VT, my dad has a big ol farm we could romp and camp on. Doors open. Lets just keep chatting…

4 Likes

also Windrock in Tennessee is pretty central and groups can rent the big field (20 acres) OR individual sites & use the 300miles of offroad trails rated green to black diamond… my off-road group is hosting 240 rigs there for our january ride & gather. Will report back if any interest… after our scouting weekend coming up to check trail conditions… but they’re pros at handling rigs & meetups!

3 Likes

That sounds like an awesome option as well! I’m truly up for anything, if we get enough interest we can probably do a poll and just go with highest voted option. Just want to try and support/build the GFC community on this side of the country

1 Like

this sounds good as it will the show there are quite a few gfc out here on the east coast and maybe gfc will organize something too. i’m in the dc area so depending on where i would be down. picking my topper end of january.

2 Likes

@Moose I camp wayne NF every now and then. we could do a small southern Ohio meet too. there are a few Ohio boys on here

And hell yeah for a bigger regional get to together. Asheville sounds good. count me in

2 Likes

That would be cool! I haven’t camped there before but used to go there for atv riding many years ago.

Interested. Im in VA

2 Likes

That sound like fun!!! Would love to entertain this idea.

1 Like

I’m in NY. Would be down to attend!

2 Likes

Hey All, we just moved to Philly area a few months ago and have been exploring the area. Camped in the Poe Paddy area (NW PA ish) over Thanksgiving weekend, cold but amazing!
We’d be up for some traveling for the meetup.

3 Likes

I’m down to attend in Asheville as well.

2 Likes

did you stay at the campground or state forest areas?

1 Like