Exterior fold down table while keeping side panel closed

Looking for a fold down table to place on either side of the camper while being able to keep the side panel closed.

Either mounted to the outside of the side panel or able to deploy from the frame while having enough clearance to still close the side panels.

Something close to this product from Dirtbox overland.

HITCHHIKERTABLE

1 Like

Side panel closed kind of changes everything.
Even the Dirtbox product you referenced, AFAIK, doesn’t work with the side panels locked closed, it just uses a hook/channel to “mount” with gravity.

You can see the company walkthrough of it here, starting at 10:10:

I personally think it would be hard (if impossible) to make a mounting connection to the interior of the camper that would hold any weight and not interfere with the opening or closing of the door panels.
(Though admittedly I won’t know the true tolerances of the panel gaps until next week when my camper is installed)

I recommend looking into the hardware/ build ideas around Maxtrax/ Recovery Board tables

I’ve only really seem them from Aussies, but this US based company seems to be offering a more off the shelf product option.
They even have a video very similar to when GFC deployment would look like:

You also may find success with something like a seasucker mounted table

or if you need something smaller, maybe even might cobble some stuff together from the Harbor Freight Magnet mounting gear holders

My goal is to find a way to place a diesel heater on the side, was thinking a flip down table some way. I have one of the tire tables but they are huge and take up space when transporting.

1 Like

Rather than a full table have you thought about just a tire step?
Something like this:

2 Likes

I just came across this on another thread, thinking this will be the best option. Thank you!

1 Like

And if you want something similar to the step but a little larger Amazon has “tire tables” from $60 - $140. I’ve used one a few times (as a table) and they are okay.