F-150/Raptor Wind Noise

That’s great to hear @dakine I have the same body style Tacoma so I was very curious about your results. Which size fairing did you get? Also, were there any issues with squeaking (or did that felt tape prevent it)? Thanks!

Felt tape worked a dream, no squeaking at all. Ran the Taco up to 90 MPH and still no noise. I went with the Wind Fairing for Rack / 1345mm/1425mm(W).

3 Likes

It worked great for me. Wind noise dropped from 95 decibels to 72 decibels and in a recent trip from Woodburn Oregon back to Santa Cruz, CA my gas mileage was between 18-20mpg

1 Like

Do you have any pictures of the install on your truck? I would love to see how that size fits the Tacoma and the mounting.

`

3 Likes

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/wind-fairing-for-low-profile-rack-1165mm-1255mm-w.html

4 x 10-32 tnuts

All my fly rods are 4 piece 8’6” to 10’strong text

1 Like

brackets came with the fairing, rubber bottom edge is part of the fairing. I added some felt tape at someone else’s suggestion but did remove it from the rubber edge after a few weeks.There is also a strip of clear vinyl for paint protection to go directly below the rubber edge.

1 Like

With all you have shared in the forum, you can ask all the questions you want

1 Like

You are going to love it. The noise reduction is fantastic and getting a small mpg gain is just icing on the cake.

After removing the felt have you had any issues with squeaking?

Once I removed the felt, I just slightly adjusted the angle of the fairing to give a ¼” gap above the cab, and have had no issues with squeeking

Make sure to put the protective tape down, so the rubbing doesn’t wear your paint. I just recently tried using a couple pads, like the kind you put on the bottom of furniture on tile or wood flooring. Seems to have helped a lot, although I don’t have my fairing pushed down hard to the top of the roof at all.

I used this 3" self adhesive felt tape: https://tinyurl.com/mv54dkbv

Nice - I just found this anti-slip tape at Home Depot:

Which width fairing is it? How bad is the bend?

I would be game, 90740 seal beach
Is wild_mitten interest? Don’t want to jump ahead

Phil

No worries. I haven’t heard back yet but would be interested depending on length. I’ll let you know!

That would be great
Thanks the_philxx for the offering
Phil

Old thread, but…… anyone who is using the Frontrunner fairing on the t tracks have any luck keeping the angle set? I put one on shortly after picking up my camper last week, but can’t get the bolts tight enough on the mounts to keep it at my desired angle. Shortly after getting to highway speed, the fairing flips down, against the top of my cab and starts squeaking like crazy.

someone ought to fab some proper looking fairings for GFCs… these all look a little disproportionately small, even if they work.

1 Like