Feature Requests

• Chat room
  • A wiki page for FAQs people can edit and reply to, so things don’t get lost in a bunch of threads.
4 Likes

Appreciate the feedback, open to other site structure changes as well in terms of the categories available. Kinda hard to hit in one pass without it happening organically.

Will check out chat options, looks like we might be able to accommodate that relatively easily. The FAQ would be solid, check out the features in discourse, which is the platform we are using here.

2 Likes

Structural Change to GFC Forum
Would like to see the “Go Fast News” page limited to GFC news, announcements, and comments from GFC only. Forum members should not be allowed access to this section.
Any need for discussion of their information should be done by members opening a thread in the “GFC Discussion” section (as it operates now). GFC can , if they wish, monitor the discussions and clarify their position with a revised announcement.
This will allow owners to quickly search for news and issues GFC has addressed and any changes made.

11 Likes

i would like to see an archive of different topics, tips, trips, mods, maint. etc

The ability to attach gpx files to posts and messages would be nice

I’d love to be able to edit old posts, to remove name/email as the forum is fully externally searchable so folks can snag emails for spamming.

EDITED - Sounds like I have to not just have “member” status, but “regular member” status. Not sure how I get there, but I guess I need to use this forum more rather than the Facebook group to get there. Thanks for the info @Kwood

1 Like

@GFC @GFC_Taylor

What happened to all the photos from the camper purchase side of the site? When version 2 was initially announced there were two photos of each color of cabana panel. One highlighted the tangerine, and the other highlighted the stone tent color. It was really nice being able to see all the different colors in combination with the tent colors, rather than trying to go off of the square swatches that are on the welcome pdf

2 Likes

I second that. I’d like to get the options all picked out and get things going on my V2 but it’s a little tricky with a red truck and limited GFC reference photos.

With the Superlite being added to the lineup, what about a dedicated RTT subforum? While campers are the bread and butter of GFC, there are more and more RTT’s getting out in the wild. Even those with campers might have tent specific questions. Could be handy to keep all the tent related questions in one area

3 Likes

Start a thread on that topic in Discussions. This is a GFC forum not a camper specific forum.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

Anyone have any thoughts on how to securely/strongly lock up the front & rear window easily when walking away from you GFC V2?

Maybe a GFC Forum app? :smiley:

2 Likes

Probably a way to tie it into Tapatalk. I wonder how that works?

1 Like

Discourse does have an app as well, but looks like you’re basically just linking to this forum and the interface is identical to the web. Definitely a good option to consolidate multiple forums into a single location, though.

2 Likes

How do I edit my marketplace post to lower the price?
Can’t believe I can’t find the ‘edit’ button :slight_smile: