Firearm Storage

all amazing info. thanks everyone for playing

1 Like

that’s my overnight pew pew holder

1 Like

oooooh ok got it!

Depending where I go I carry either a Sig P239 9mm or a Ruger LCP Max 380 12 roung magazine and in my cab gun safe I always have a Ruger SP-101 357 mag.
While I am sleeping I leave my carry gun in it’s holster and put it next to me between the tent and the foam padding. Make sure it is pointed toward your feet. The bottom aluminum extrusion keeps it secure.

PS: The holster helps keep the due off. But I always clean my guns after camping even if I don’t fire them. Moisture is always an issue when you everyday carry in the South East. (Lots of sweat.)

1 Like

When you’re dead asleep in the GFC and forced to deal with something… it’s probably on two legs looking for a quick score. ANY handgun will do in that situation, given the sound it makes when you prep to engage the threat.

2 Likes

Thankfully the holsters today are nice, hard plastic with a locking hold. I leave mine in a hard holster, faced away from us, no round in the chamber - but magazine in place. The 4 seconds required to make “that sound” in preparation for the threat is probably the only deterrent you need for a human.

3 Likes

I have a kid with me usually so I carry in condition 3 and practice that way when I draw.

3 Likes

I recently purchased a pistol lockbox with a removable tether; push button with key backups. It is nice to be able to move the weapon around and have it semi-secure without flashing a pistol in a holster, etc. Definitely not perfect, but it fits under the pillow nicely and they are not expensive.

1 Like

I have a holster in a gun bag. I sleep with it next to me, but mostly to try to scare grizzlies. The roof gets really wet a lot of the time. I would think twice before you mount a firearm to the roof.

If you’re in the tent just put it in a small admin pouch and tuck it down between the mattress and the tent wall next to your leg. See link to $20 pouch on Amazon…if you’re not in the tent it should be holstered on your person or locked in a secure container that can’t be removed by someone else from the vehicle without power tools/crow bar. Amazon.com