Firewood! Where do you store it?

If I can collect wood, then I do. Oftentimes in the 4 corners states there are restrictions on collecting wood. In those cases, I do pack wood.

Peace.

I don’t trust people that don’t like fire. As a CA camper, too often open fires aren’t an option and its awful. As for the original question, I’d be willing to give up precious bedspace to firewood, and there are worse things than lifitng heavy bundles, like shivering next to a propane fire ring.

3 Likes

Sorry man, I’m in the disagreement camp here, (pun possibly intended). I love the campfire, the smell, the light, the feel- In fact, if I might actually wear cologne if it smelled like campfire. I camp by myself most times, and my favorite part of the night is watching the embers burn down while sipping my whiskey and leaning back to watch the stars.

I’ve had them my whole life - Then I spent waaaay too many years in the field freezing my balls off. No fires, can’t get in the sack because of duties, no desire to be in the TOC with the officer guardians of the pot belly stove unless I had to, and can’t ever get warm enough no matter how much gear you put on. I was never stationed anywhere warm like…HI…lol

Fire, fire, fire, all the way. - But, I’m just the peanut gallery, to each their own :wink:

2 Likes