Found a new problem to solve! 270 Awning with Awning Blocks

This is more of a “Has anyone else already solved this?” post.

While out in the Sierras for 8 days. I ran into the issue that I can’t deploy my 270 Awning and use the awning blocks at the same time. The 270 basically blocks them, even if I were to mount them as high as I could.

Options I’ve considered:

• Over engineer an awning block that pivot
  • Engineer a awning block that mounts vertically to clear the 270 awning
  • Bend the awning rods with two 90 degree bends to clear the 270
1 Like

You forgot about option 4… not using the awning poles :laughing: But honestly, I’d probably try and heat/bend them. Easiest option first

Ha! Well it is nice to hold open the back window on the GFC. (The poles I’m referring to are the poles that go into the awning blocks to hold out the door)

1 Like

I have the same issue when i use my kinsmen. The rear bar latches to the rear of the gfc but in such a way that it blocks the holes for the awning blocks. Maybe shittco or @jedgar can make an offset awning block where the holes to mount are lower than the holes to put the tent poles in, above the awnings rear bar, if that makes sense.

Id totally buy a set since it’s one of the biggest gripes i have when I deploy my awning.

Here is a quick sketch of my idea-

Oh I totally agree! Did the same with my GFC and yes, figured you were talking about the poles for the blocks. I’d be thoroughly impressed if you managed to bend the actual awning poles LOL!

I used the universal mounts and it works perfectly… multipurpose as it holds both the awning block and the scene light

4 Likes

What I did and what I was telling others that reached out to me was, I bent the spring rods in my vise to clear my side awning. Been working fine for years. Hope this helps some folks.
Mark

20230306_130558_resized~3

10 Likes

Yep! That’s what I was thinking to do as well! If its been working for you it should totally work for me!

1 Like

I’ll have to give this a shot with my rods, i guess i can always order more from you if i mess it up haha

2 Likes

I have 8 spares from an old Tepui I used to have. Holler if you mangle yours.

3 Likes

Oh dang…. Thank you! Will do! Might. Be hearing from me after this weekend lol

1 Like

Man, I love the orange blocks to match the tangerine tent… if I had known that was an option, would have asked for it :wink:

1 Like

I moved mine in further?? I have older blocks so maybe they’ve changed. :man_shrugging:

IMG_0198

1 Like

…this is what I planned on doing…i’m glad to see a proof of concept

1 Like

HA! Those were a special limited edition color. I did that color for the boys at GFC.

1 Like