GFC Baja Surf Trip?

I’ve been twice this year. Once to San Felipe and the second to Ensenada. I haven’t had issues with any officials or border crossings besides the typical, hey what do you have in the back?

1 Like

I am interested also, not to surf but good to camp. Based in San Diego and been to Baja a few times.

3 Likes

Hello all. I’m back on the grid from Montana. Hope the enthusiasm is still going for this adventure. Following this thread… Anyone with trip suggestions post them here.

Peace.

1 Like

I’d need to know by mid-July the dates for this trip in August for work scheduling purposes. Thanks!

Just got back from a weekend down there. I stayed at Playa Saldamando, just north of Ensenada. K-38 was blown out, as were most other spots I checked out. I’m down to go again soon!

Got it. I’ll be finalizing the dates in the near future. Just waiting for my wife’s work schedule…

Peace.

@kmarsh26 @Medicfung @jasont @Ari @Semi @Firemanthreeo @etower @Fohu

Hi all. I think I tagged all those with interested responses. If I missed anyone, apologies.

The dates will be: Entering Mexico at Mexicali on 8/4 and crossing back to USA on 8/10 at Mexicali. Mexico 5 is way faster to get south (and north). Bahia Asunción is 11 hours south of the border.

Who’s definitely down?

More details when the group is set…

Peace.

1 Like

My wife can’t get away from work. I’ll be solo in my rig.

Peace.

Damn. For a week long trip, mine might also be in the same boat.

I got an email from a person in Asunción. She says the local surf tournament is the weekend of Aug 5th and 6th. That could be super interesting. Also, maybe that leaves neighboring breaks empty? Maybe?

1 Like

I’m definitely down to go. I’ll be coming from Montana but will be headed to NC from the Baja trip. If anyone lives in the LA to San Diego area and is planning on going I’ll have a few items with me that don’t need to go to Baja and would love to store them reasonably close to the border while in Baja

1 Like

@Snowbonk Looking through the thread, I left you off the tag list…

Peace.

1 Like

Hi. I live in NW New Mexico and I could probably store some things for you if you don’t have a better option. Not sure about your travel plans headed to Baja, but at least NM is headed east from the Mexicali border crossing towards the Carolinas…

Peace.

There still is great windsurfing on the SoC side, although better in the winter.

@GFC706 perhaps we should methodically organize this outside this thread in order to plan meet-up locations, routes to/from destinations during the trip, those who are planning to go and their contact info… etc?

Just thinking out loud

1 Like

Absolutely. I agree. I plan to do that once we know who’s planning on going for certain. I plan to have a flexible chill trip.

Peace.

About 3 weeks out, I think we can get together via text message and organize things. Mexicali border crossing…

Peace.

I really hope to make this one, or at least stay for a good handful of days if I can’t get the whole week off.

The way my work goes, I submit my days off the weekend of July 16. Then July 20 I will know my schedule for July 31-Aug 27. So that’s where I’m at. More than just the tip, but not quite balls deep.

Also, may I suggest ‘WhatsApp’ or ‘signal’ for the group messaging instead of standard texts

1 Like

Got it. I understand leave schedules. I think everyone entering Mexico together is the best plan. I’d like to see the group stay together and exit together if possible.

I have WhatsApp for messages. Why are you thinking WhatsApp?

Peace.

It would be easier to communicate through that right as the trip is a go vs having to check the forum. That’s it.