GFC Challenge Coin

There are a group of us that are talking about getting a die cut GFC Challenge Coin. Anyone in here interested in something like this assuming GFC will let us use their camper, log and name on the coin. Cost for a 2" coin would be in the $7 range.

12 Likes

As a retiree, I know what this is. Are there many outside of the uniformed services that know what a challenge coin is?

3 Likes

I imagine that these are known outside the military. I didn’t serve but am familiar, but am only one person.

And thanks to all of you on here who are veterans or are currently serving.

For those who are not familiar with a challenge coin, this is an example.

1 Like

I’d be into a challenge coin but what’s the challenge ? Camping in your camper 100+ nights? You gotta earn that coin!

4 Likes

very true. just trying to gauge interest at this point. I think we as a community can set what the challenge or challenges are, 30 nights, 60 nights, cold weather, etc.

3 Likes

I would be up for this

I’m in! Other communities have challenge coins like this and it makes me strive for a reward like these

1 Like

Why not. Kinda cool idea.

1 Like

Yeah, would need to tie a challenge coin into a challenge, which of course will limit your amount of buyers. Or if you’re seeking more broad appeal / more committed buyers, then you could call it a medallion and I’d love to epoxy one to the side of my GFC the way Winnebago owners used to do back in the 1970s.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the original purpose of a challenge coin is to challenge someone from the unit to see if they have one on them at a particular time. If not, they buy the drinks. That would only work if all GFC drivers had one though. I like the sentiment, but not exactly a true challenge coin.

1 Like

I’d imagine a challenge would be difficult to verify. Honor system I suppose. As a retired L.E.O. many departments sell coins for espirit de corps. I’d be super down for a challenger to earn a coin.

Love this idea!! Maybe there’s a medallion, then eventually a series of challenges and coins people can adquire for a collection?

I’m also down to help with the design if you need/want, I did some work for GFC too and have some logo files - assuming they sanction it

2 Likes

I’d be interested #1145 the second V2 in the wild!

1 Like

The discussions have included ideas on various challenges, ideally we could come up with a lost of challenges - cold weather outings, number of nights in your gfc, etc.

3 Likes

This is a cool idea! I think it should be hard to earn as well. Of course, I have no idea how many nights I’ve slept in mine at this point!

1 Like

Great idea! Looking forward to designs/future challenges.

1 Like

10/30/21 was my install and I’m at 56 nights!

1 Like

We need to get GFC challenge coins // caps on the top of our TrailMade shift knobs.

I would love to make some GFC caps for our shift knobs. Right now we offer them for the 5th Gen & 4th Gen 4Runner, FJ, along with many other platforms. Not all platforms are listed. The product should go live in a few weeks.

2 Likes