GFC easy camp meals

Variations of grilled cheese have been a staple lately. Little tougher given my daughter has Celiac.

Prepping food as much as possible is definitely a great idea as we also avoid cleaning too many dishes while out.

Loving all the ideas so far.

2 Likes

Camping with two kids so we always take ingredients to make grilled cheese or ham & cheese. Tacos and cheesesteak are favorites. Usually pancakes for an easy breakfast. Sometimes chicken shish kabobs if we prep at home.

3 Likes

I do a lot of one pan cooking or pre-cook at home and then warm up on a stove at camp. I live in wildfire country, so unless I go over to the desert, I can rarely have a fire to cook.

1 Like

Dang!!! I just read through all the posts. Gotta let the Mrs. know that we are having camp food tonight for dinner!
Thanks for the great ideas!!!

1 Like

We call it “Chili and Noodles” - basically pasta shells and Amy’s black bean chili (or any chili of your choice), add cheese and Fritos on top.

Trader Joe’s white rice and Indian food

Ground turkey tacos.

3 Likes

Can’t get more easy than Soylent :pinched_fingers:

3 Likes

mmm people

20 characters

3 Likes

Don’t forget those pork tacos! Aeropress coffee on the tailgate is absolutely the way to go.

3 Likes

We carry a few days of backpacking food in the rig at all times. Its not cheap (chepaer than eating out) but makes spontaneous trips with the little humans WAY easier.

For kids, mine are big fans of peanut butter and raisens rolled up in a tortilla. Makes a great no cook breakfast they can eat even in mittens on cold mornings. I dont find them appealing but if the kids are happy so am I.

Also tacos/quesadillas. If I’m being lazy (well, slightly less lazy than backpacking food) I’ll pick up some pulled pork at the local BBQ on my way out of town and work it into most meals.

5 Likes

So many options, I carry a couple freeze dried stowaway gourmet meals for staple quick meals all the time.
I bring ingredients often, like potatoes onions beef/pork/chicken eggs bread and dry goods like seasonings and such. I really have no favorite meal but I make a mean spicy chicken dish.

1 Like

I mostly do one pan meals so I haul a few of these around. They have about a dozen different varieties.
They come in handy when your meal needs just one more thing. I just dump part of a pouch in the same pan.

4 Likes

Haha, totally agree. My background is years of backpacking so I do take that approach when now car camping. Funny you say that though cause we did a 4 day trip on the glacier to Mt. Baker in June and they guide packed so much Ramen.

1 Like

Thinking of rice made me think of curry wraps.

Cook up some chicken thighs with curry powder, paprika, garlic, onion, and a heavy dose of siratcha. Wrap up with some basmati rice in a tortilla, package in some tinfoil and you have a filling lunch food that is easy and filling (no cook when in the hills).

I also go for backpacking food a lot sausage gravy and biscuits from mountain house is good for any meal when it is cold.

2 Likes

lamb chops rubbed with roasted garlic mmmmmmm

2 Likes

Tasty Bites are even better, and no cooking required. Real food, cooked and sealed in a pouch, not a lot of additives. And, as the name implies, very tasty. They have completely replaced all the rice packets in my car camping arsenal.

I usually have campfire skillet pizza:

• Pre-made pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)

• Pizza sauce

• Shredded mozzarella cheese

• Toppings of your choice (pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.)

when I’m craving a snack, I whip up some delicious banana chips air fryer.

1 Like

My easy go to is crawfish etoufee! I love cooking that while camping.

2 Likes