GFC - new product launch 9/20!

It’s produced like an Old Spice commercial from 15 years ago. I could practically smell it through my screen.

3 Likes

There’s literally photos of my truck posted in here with a superlite on the topper and it’s pretty obvious that all their products are integrated so there are mounts for the beef bars and the various tents

3 Likes

Nope, RTTs don’t work on this topper :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If it had a sliding window up front it would be the shit. RSI smartcap for the win when it comes to toppers

5 Likes

That’s a good point, it’s a real bummer to not be able to open that window to put in 12’ chunks of trim, tin, ect by sliding them through the window. Or even 12’ boards in general (2x4, 2x6…)

I know right? I was looking at my side door on the weekend while out in the bush thinking…It sure would be nice if I could see out a window right here. Then I traced out a window with my finger and stared at the wall.

The one challenge I wondered was due to the length of that side door. I wonder if there would be too much flex in it to safely install a window. I think trying to put in a bulbseal type like the front and rear would just pop out. Then trying to find a RV window that screws in but is made for that thin aluminum with no bracing.

The other thought I had was making a ‘tent’ attachment like our mosquito screens so we could at least get some natural light in the rig during those long winter months.

I thought the roof is some what translucent to allow light in?
or at least that is what was marketed.

Is this setup slimmer than the GFC Camper? I was trying to figure out if I got a RTT from them and the topper if it was more low profile.

Someone on the book of faces added windows to their side doors and I.am.in.love!!

5 Likes

@OverlandKyle please make them get over here and explain themselves, lol! If this thing doesnt leak I need a parts list asap.

@Andrew_Pitney on Instagram. Definitely a nice looking solution.

1 Like

It looks amazing however I’ve come to the conclusion that for us with the five foot beds, we’re SOL as the bars on the inside are way too small to fit the smallest RV window I can find in that style which is 14x16…. We would need something like 10 x 18 and set slightly lower to fit in between because of the ring that would have to be installed on the inside

I’ve seen a few windows that are smaller that are on all the sprinters here but I can’t seem to find the correct sizing doing a search, my Google-fu sucks

1 Like

Does anybody know what these plates are on the inside of new topper’s frame? I’m guessing they’re mounting points on the inside but they look different than the rubber well nuts on my V2 platform camper. Here’s a screenshot from the walkaround video (about 3:49 in):

3 Likes

Pup doors??? If this would allow airflow for the dog, I would be very excited.

This looks like one of the standard aftermarket sliders you can buy. Look up RecPro, CR Laurence (CRL) or it’s sold under some other brand names; they’re all pretty similar and the install is essentially identical.

There are also YouTube videos out there of install in the side of Sprinters and other vans.

You pretty much just need to measure once, cut twice with a jigsaw using a good metal cutting blade after masking off with painter’s tape to preserve the finish on the rest of the panel. Drill a starter hole with a good metal bit larger than the size of your jig saw blade before making the cut so you don’t need to mess around with plunge cutting.

Most of these windows include a flange that’ll cover up any wackiness if you don’t make a perfect cut, and it’s probably a good idea to hit it with some sealant as well.

Make sure to also install in the proper orientation since these little windows have weep holes for drainage, and you don’t want any water getting into your bed if you can avoid it.

Good luck! The first cut is always scary.

1 Like