GFC padlock mod

I don’t understand what homeowners or renters insurance has to do with someone breaking into your car? Can you explain more? I have my GFC camper covered with State Farm with its own policy, so curious if I need to add something else.

My experience is that homeowners insurance covers some things that are unexpected. I had a mountain bike stolen from the roof of my vehicle while traveling and homeowners kicked in to cover replacement costs. Check your policy…

Peace.

1 Like

I know that renters insurance for the most part will cover all of your possessions regardless of where they are stolen (there may be exceptions). My bike was stolen from in front of my office and my renters insurance covered it in full. Homeowners policies do tend to be more specific to your residence. It sounds like @GFC706 has a policy that did cover items away from the house so there is more variability there.

The most important thing is having documentation of what was stolen (photos, serial numbers etc.) I keep a google doc that lists anything of mine that has a serial number just in case (came in handy when my bike was stolen and the shop that I bought it from wasn’t able to find their record, but I had it stored away), and in order to file a police report most will require a serial number as that can be proof of ownership. Then most insurance companies either want a police report or proof of ownership.

1 Like

@zwickt couldn’t have said it any better

1 Like

Great idea. Not sure this will work on the side of a v2. There’s no longer an extrusion track on the upper side between the opening and closing of the tent.