GFC Seal Advice Needed - for transfer from one truck to another

Hello everyone,
I have purchased a GFC that was completed in June 2020. We are transferring it from one truck to another today.
My Question is do we need a new seal?
If so where can I buy one? Someone suggested Home Depot?
I have read that the seal needs to be rated for the weight of the camper, which I hear is 250lbs?

Transfer is happening in Houston, so if there are shops that sell the things I will need, please advise.

Thank you in advance for your help

Seen a few change their seal out to this which is better suited to the campers weight. Can cut a triangle out at the corners for a continuous seal rather than 3 pieces.

2 Likes

i would reuse the june 2020 seal, assuming the truck is the same type.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you. I was thinking the same thing, fortunately they are the same model.

I recently bought a used camper, and that ESI seal is the one I used as well. So far it seems to be holding up nicely. I have a 2nd gen and needed to put a double layer on the front (next to the rear cab window) to get the gap to close, which is standard install procedure. I have a short bed tacoma and there was enough to do the bed rails and a double layer on the front with a few ft leftover.

Alternatively, if you want to use a more similar product to what GFC uses, this TrimLok seal is an option:

Another helpful tip I got was to get some new nylock lock nuts for the mounting brackets, as they are technically single use only. 6 half inch nylocks are less than $3 at your local hardware store, so might as well go for it!

I bought this one for my switch between trucks