GFC V2 for tall people

I am 6’5” and won’t be able to sleep diagonally (have a partner). If you are my size or higher, when laying on your back do your toes touch the top of the tent?
I got a Superlite which has similar dimensions but the angle at the feet is much smaller and therefore if you are 6’ you already touch the top. I sold it and I am now trying to see if the V2 will work.

1 Like

Nobody tall owns a GFC?

@Dopr - I am 6’ 4” and fit. The Platform sits a good bit taller at the front than the super lite. I also sleep with my head at the front which helps as my feet stick up higher than my head (the views out the side windows and rear door are also better that way). At 6’ 5” you’ll likely be touching something a tiny bit but you won’t have to angle like you do in the super lite. I can’t sleep straight in the SL but I can in the Platform RTT and Camper. I can sleep with my head at either end but prefer head at the front.

1 Like

I’m 6’2", 290lbs and I have no issues lengthwise. I sleep with my head in the wedge area as I like the “storage cubby” area in the front corner. I keep my watch, headlamp, pistol, etc up there. It’s also easier for me to pull out one of the square cushions at the back of the platform to get down into the truck bed. As mentioned above the view are better this way too. Good luck!

1 Like