GFC V2 on 2nd Gen to 3rd Gen Tundra?

Someone somewhere has to have done/tried this no? I bet someone even local to here (Bozeman).

I have my V2 on my 2012 6.5’ Tundra and want to upgrade to a 22+ Tundra also with a 6.5’ bed. I figured I would ask here first, but my next step is to take my tape measure/laser measure to the dealer and see if the measurements are close enough it can work. It’s likely I will need to “delete” the shark fin antenna on the new truck?

Please keep us posted on your findings. I will most likely be in the same boat in the future. I will be making the trek to Belgrade to have a V2 installed on my 2011 Tundra in June.

When ordering, I had asked if the V2 for my gen 2 would fit the gen 3 and the answer I had received was no. But, in the build configurator it lists Tundra (2007 - 2024) as the option for vehicle model. This brings me some hope that it is possible!

What did you find out?

Just bought a V2 that was on Gen 2 Tundra with 5.5’ bed and have verified that it does not fit perfectly on a Gen 3. The width is fine but the rake on the front of the camper does not match the cab so to keep the camper from touching the 3rd break light there is a gap between the front edge of the camper and the bed. This leaves the front of the camper unsupported.

Thanks for the info! This confirms my assumption. I’ve been comparing double cab photos of 2nd gen’s to 3rd gen’s and realized how much more rake the 2nd gen has compared to the 3rd gen.

Just picked up my V2 on Monday (5/27/24) for my 2017 Tundra but it’s a crewmax, 5’7" bed.