GFC Windows in the rain

I made an awning for the side tent door. It works well, and handles the wind fine. But…I think the problem is that it’s not an easy build, so it’s probably a dead prototype idea. Just sharing in case it gives someone a better, simpler, build idea. Photos of the build process, click here and a youtube vid I made to show how it works

1 Like

So they’re just a nifty ($300) thing that looks cool, but offers no functionality? I might cancel my order.

I’ve noticed if I park nose into the wind, and then keep the forward zippers closed and only prop open the back corners that it does pretty good at keeping the rain out while also letting air flow.

2 Likes

That’s great, thanks man. I’ll keep my order.

I was thinking about cutting down a pole set in order to do something similar, but it seems like your method accomplishes the same thing without modifications.

Can also get away with just 2 sets that way. This is a screenshot from the new V2 Pro video, but it shows how I have mine set up.

IMG_5043

1 Like

I did this about three years ago… works beautifully but I got tired of taking 10-15 minutes to line up the zippers every time so I just stopped using them…

Looking to sell? Ideally I’d like a set to match my tent color though…

Where did you get your bubble levels. I’ve seen a few like them on Amazon and elsewhere, but none that could be mounted like the ones you have.

These are the Amazon ones… just insert the smaller of the two nuts that’s available from GFC or Gzilla into the holes and Bob’s your uncle…… 1/4 I believe

These were the prototype ones so not exactly the prettiest thing in the world